Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flight prices back to the uk

Flight prices back to the uk

Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:31 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light
Angry Flight prices back to the uk

Well i sold my house back in the uk so im flying back to empty it and sort out the paperwork and stuff. Thought id leave it until last minute and hope for a cheap bargain. Bad move! Well really iv had to wait until last minute as i need to get rid of furinture aswell as sort out finances from the sale. Plus make sure the sale is going through.
Im in Cairns which narrows it down a little but i cant find anything under 3 grand! Im looking at flying back in just over a weeks time and struggling in a big way! No flights or all expensive!
Anyone got any bright ideas or know of any airlines i may not be thinking of?

Stu
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight prices back to the uk

Have you looked at Royal Brunei Airlines? I'm not sure if they go from Cairns or not. They are not a top notch airline, but are usually cheaper are safe, have decent meals and some of the time the in flight entertainment works. With it not being such a popular airline the flight was half empty when we used them and we were able to get a centre row each all to ourselves and stretch out and sleep
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:47 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stu:0
Well i sold my house back in the uk so im flying back to empty it and sort out the paperwork and stuff. Thought id leave it until last minute and hope for a cheap bargain. Bad move! Well really iv had to wait until last minute as i need to get rid of furinture aswell as sort out finances from the sale. Plus make sure the sale is going through.
Im in Cairns which narrows it down a little but i cant find anything under 3 grand! Im looking at flying back in just over a weeks time and struggling in a big way! No flights or all expensive!

Stu
Emirates any good for you?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

jimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lenmil
Emirates any good for you?
try Qatar airlines out of singapore..have to use jetstar or similar out of Cairns, but Qatar are quite cheap and good airline..only thing they don't fly to Australia yet
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

jimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jimmyd4006
try Qatar airlines out of singapore..have to use jetstar or similar out of Cairns, but Qatar are quite cheap and good airline..only thing they don't fly to Australia yet
just did a quick check on their website for you, travelling to/from singapore to uk is approx $1000 aussie...$1105 singapore dollars plus tax. hope this helps
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:37 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Try a week when its not school holidays!!!! Next week is!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:40 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by stu:0

Stu
I flew back from Perth last Oct and it only cost me $900. Singapore airlines.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:46 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you need any of the stuff in the house? If not then why not get a house clearer in or charity to sort through what they want and then chuck the rest. Perhaps the buyers want some of the contents? If this is the case then why go back. All the paperwork can be done this end - either it can be sent to you here or by giving your solicitor Power of Attorney.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

We have just used bestflights.com.au to get prices for UK trip. You type in your travel dates and they list all airlines and prices for those dates. We have saved over $500! Definately worth a try. You can also talk to an agent if you prefer, but our offer was still on their web site, but unavailable from the agent when we rang. We used the web!!!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

right, a bit of a long shot but our story goes like this:-

Middle son wants to go to UK with older brother (who had already booked his flight) end of May, to get the same flight as his brother the cheapest quote I could get was $2900 (all internet quotes), we asked a rellie in England to look for us and low and behold the same flight has been now booked for £1250 (which is the most we have ever paid) but still cheaper than booking from Oz. So it seems it would be cheaper if you know someone in England that would do it for you to book from there. (details have been forwarded by email and printed here so no troubles) by the way they have booked through a travel agent, good luck !!
S xx
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

If you can depart from Brisbane there are some $1570 flights on Lastminute for a departure next week. Looks like it is Cairns that is the problem.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:46 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Iv bitten the bullet and booked through flight center. $2700 with japan airlines. Iv flown with them before and they are ok. The biggest problem is there dont seem to be many from Cairns. It was $2400 to Heathrow then another $300 for the conecting flight to manchester. Iv looked at everything from flying to Brissy and doing it from there but they all work out around the similar price. All good flight times aswell for getting picked up and dropped off.
So thats that! Bit of advice for anyone else, book early!!!

Thanks for reply's guy's!

Stu
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:48 am
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by quoll
If you can depart from Brisbane there are some $1570 flights on Lastminute for a departure next week. Looks like it is Cairns that is the problem.
Iv looked at them all and that $1570 doesnt include the tax's. Some of the quoted me a grand in tax!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

I think Virgin have some good deals on at the moment. $1941 was being advertised when I looked yesterday.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:34 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

OH's going back in a few weeks time and booked a flight with Cathay Pacific a while ago for $2,500, from Brissy via Cairns and then Hong Kong. We've also got flights later in the year with Air France for $2,800 each stopovers in Singapore and Paris - flying into Birmingham and out of Heathrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.