Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flight Price Jump

Flight Price Jump

Old May 21st 2009, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

MikeSplicer is on a distinguished road
Default Flight Price Jump

I have just checked flight to Oz as I have been doing for a few weeks and they have just took a big hike example.....

for oct/nov Heathrow to Perth
Singapore air last week 705 this week over 1k
Quantas last week 750 this week 995

Is this likley to come back down? anybody an expert on this ie when and how is the best time to book
Old May 21st 2009, 12:56 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight Price Jump

Originally Posted by MikeSplicer
I have just checked flight to Oz as I have been doing for a few weeks and they have just took a big hike example.....

Is this likley to come back down? anybody an expert on this ie when and how is the best time to book
Doubt they'll come down again now. They slashed their prices for a couple of months to drum up business because they're suffering so badly during this global recession. But they weren't sustainable prices and they said all along that they'd be going up again.
Old May 21st 2009, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Have noticed our planned flights went up and extra £500 in one day. But have to say price has been up and down for ages, give it a few days and it'll drop again
Old May 21st 2009, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Try etihad

There prices seemed to have stayed pretty much the same.

Paddy
Old May 21st 2009, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Are these fares one way or return. Assuming they are one way, ive just done a random search of flights with singapore air in oct/nov. the average seems to be about 580 pounds one way. If you are saying they are now over 1k, I assume its for a return flight!
Old May 21st 2009, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

saxtonj is on a distinguished road

We have just booked ours with Singapore airlines for September. Prices are the same as when we first looked - £650 including paying for nice seats....

Spoke to my mum about it and she says she saw on the news today that Flight prices are set to rise across the board.

I'd say if flying in the next few months - get in quick.

Just my opinion.
Old May 22nd 2009, 1:08 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Check Emirates as well. SIA are notorious for keeping the route price high on Aus > UK because they use the 380 and 777-300ER (the 330-300 as well from SIN to AU) new planes and they protect the planes from bargain fares. EK on the other hand are aggressively attacking that market share at the moment, and with the extra baggage allowance, when flying whY (economy) it makes them the most attractive option I believe.

That said, Etihad are offering GBP 579 return inclusive LHR to MEL in Oct/Nov on expedia.co.uk
Old May 22nd 2009, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

SamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Centurion
That said, Etihad are offering GBP 579 return inclusive LHR to MEL in Oct/Nov on expedia.co.uk
Oh god don't say that, was banking on the flights being far too expensive later this year for my mother-in-law to come and visit.
Old May 22nd 2009, 4:39 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SamSi
Oh god don't say that, was banking on the flights being far too expensive later this year for my mother-in-law to come and visit.
Just get her to fly Qantas and there will be an outside chance that she may never get here at all?
Old May 22nd 2009, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SamSi

My MIL wouldnt come out, she has always been known for being a real tight arse!!! She wouldnt pay the fare!!
Old May 23rd 2009, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

MikeSplicer is on a distinguished road

Seem to have gone back down to Nearly what they where
Old May 23rd 2009, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I got an email yesterday from Trail Finders, which I deleted without reading.....UK-Oz from £499.
Old May 23rd 2009, 12:55 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
I got an email yesterday from Trail Finders, which I deleted without reading.....UK-Oz from £499.
How do you know? You didn't read it!
Old May 23rd 2009, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Seem to have gone back down to Nearly what they where
Mine haven't?
Old May 23rd 2009, 4:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
How do you know? You didn't read it!
The subject line said "Fly to Oz from £499".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.