Flight to Oz?

Old Dec 10th 2007, 12:11 am
Cobber

pab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to allpab1974 is a name known to all
Default Flight to Oz?

We are about to book a flight to Oz for next March.

The cheapest flight I have seen so far is from Etihad airways at £621 return.

Has anyone flown with them and if so were they any good / worth the saving?

Cheers
Old Dec 10th 2007, 1:21 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight to Oz?

Originally Posted by pab1974
We are about to book a flight to Oz for next March.

The cheapest flight I have seen so far is from Etihad airways at £621 return.

Has anyone flown with them and if so were they any good / worth the saving?

Cheers
Check out Oasis Ailways (Gatwick to Hong Kong) http://www.oasishongkong.com/intro.aspx?p=1011
Then get a Jet Star to Oz

I priced a one way ticket for next year to Perth, which was
London-Hong Kong (Saturday 10th May is GBP99.00!!!!)
Hong kong - Singapore
Singapore -Perth and included a Tiger airways flight from Singapore to Perth and the cost was....... wait for it.......... GBP260.00 one way

Last edited by h2oskineil; Dec 10th 2007 at 1:30 am.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 1:29 am
Just Joined

irishjoe80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats pretty damn cheap!
I thought I was doing well getting one from Glasgow>Dubai>Perth for 420 quid, one way summer 2006...
Old Dec 10th 2007, 1:30 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Check out Oasis Ailways (Gatwick to Hong Kong) http://www.oasishongkong.com/intro.aspx?p=1011
Then get a Jet Star to Oz

I priced a one way ticket for next year to Perth, which was
London-Hong Kong
Hong kong - Singapore
Singapore -Perth and included a Tiger airways flight from Singapore to Perth and the cost was....... wait for it.......... GBP260.00 one way
...yes, but the problem with all that is none of the flights connect to each other so you have to spend a night in Hong Kong and unless you are feeling really brave also a night in Singapore as the connection there is only one hour. These airlines will not through check your bags so you have to collect bags and check in again. So add in the cost of 2 overnight hotel stays.

Return on Etihad of GBP620 seems like a good deal to me.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 1:37 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
London-Hong Kong (Saturday 10th May is GBP99.00!!!!)
...not if you include the taxes it isn't!!

Adult 1 x 99.00 = GBP99.00
Taxes/Surcharges GBP97.90
GBP196.90