Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

flight info and website info please

flight info and website info please

Old Jul 30th 2003, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default flight info and website info please

Hi there i am going on a working holiday visa in jan 04 and i have still to book my flight in advance i was wondering is it cheaper to book in adavnce or wait till nearer the time.

also i am not sure what to go for if a one way or return as i will be over there for 12 months would there be any point in getting a return, i beleive it works out a little less expensive getting a return but if i did get this and did not wish to stay the 12 months can the date be changed and is there a charge for that.

If i did only get a one way flight can anyone tell me any websites in oz that does searches for you for the best and cheapest flights just like many online here in the uk as if i did go the one way route i could use some of these websites to book my return, i would need some really good ones just like i have from the uk as there are or is some difference in some websites.

i was wondering if anyothers have went on a working holiday visa what kind of flight the picked a return or one way.

also i am thinking of going to usa sometime while i am over there to meet up with some people for a few weeks so these websites would come in handy for that too.

i was wondering if it was the same cost to go from oz to usa as it was to oz to uk just to give an idea as i am thinking of going to usa for a few weeks while over there can anyone recommend websites.

as said i have not booked anything yet need advise and some oz websites please
Old Jul 30th 2003, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: flight info and website info please

A return ticket is much, much cheaper than two one-ways.

You can get a return that is valid for one year. Adding/changing the return date is usually free or just costs a small admin fee.

Beware though. I had a friend who came here on a 12 month temporary working visa with an open return air ticket. She loved it so much here that she extended her stay by temporarily leaving the country (to Vanuatu) and then coming back in on a tourist visa. Now her return air ticket is invalid and she must buy a new one-way ticket back to the UK. The cost of a one-way ticket from Oz-UK is quite often more expensive than a return ticket UK-Oz-UK.

It is usually cheaper to book air tickets well in advance of travel these days.

There may also be issues with Australian immigration if arriving on a one-way ticket.
Old Jul 30th 2003, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default Re: flight info and website info please

Originally posted by etlniwd
A return ticket is much, much cheaper than two one-ways.

You can get a return that is valid for one year. Adding/changing the return date is usually free or just costs a small admin fee.

Beware though. I had a friend who came here on a 12 month temporary working visa with an open return air ticket. She loved it so much here that she extended her stay by temporarily leaving the country (to Vanuatu) and then coming back in on a tourist visa. Now her return air ticket is invalid and she must buy a new one-way ticket back to the UK. The cost of a one-way ticket from Oz-UK is quite often more expensive than a return ticket UK-Oz-UK.

It is usually cheaper to book air tickets well in advance of travel these days.

There may also be issues with Australian immigration if arriving on a one-way ticket.

i just looked at some of the websites i had that i had some prices on one way flights and was trying to get some prices on return flights as i am going in jan04 and 12 months later would be jan 05 most of these sites i have which i find are good dont go as far ahead as 2005.