Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flight from Glasgow to Dubai

Flight from Glasgow to Dubai

Old Aug 26th 2011, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

kimandken will become famous soon enoughkimandken will become famous soon enough
Default Flight from Glasgow to Dubai

I've flown many times from Glasgow to Dubai, but ive never seen this before. Apply for your UAE visa on line. It's not a stop over just a connecting flight to Australia. Oh its booked with Emirates.

Do i have to apply for this now, as the flight is on Tuesday?
Old Aug 26th 2011, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Flight from Glasgow to Dubai

Originally Posted by kimandken
I've flown many times from Glasgow to Dubai, but ive never seen this before. Apply for your UAE visa on line. It's not a stop over just a connecting flight to Australia. Oh its booked with Emirates.

Don't believe you need a visa if you are getting a connecting flight!
Check with Emirates!

Dxb.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 10:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need one, you're not going to the UAE. You're staying airside.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

If you are not entering the country, ie. not passing through immigration then you do not need a visa. If you were to enter the country you would get a visitors visa as you passed through immigration. think the visitors visa is valid for 30 days.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassie
If you are not entering the country, ie. not passing through immigration then you do not need a visa. If you were to enter the country you would get a visitors visa as you passed through immigration. think the visitors visa is valid for 30 days.
This. I well remember the mad panic when we landed in Dubai in 2005. "Shit" I thought "I didn't remember to check whether you need a visa!"

As you pass Immigration you are given a visitors visa stamp that is valid for 30 days. We were only staying overnight so that was fine.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

kimandken will become famous soon enoughkimandken will become famous soon enough

Thanks, i didnt think i needed to get a visa as ive flown many times before on this route, i just wanted to check as it might have changed.

Cheers for the replies folks x
Old Aug 28th 2011, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tartankoala
This. I well remember the mad panic when we landed in Dubai in 2005. "Shit" I thought "I didn't remember to check whether you need a visa!"

As you pass Immigration you are given a visitors visa stamp that is valid for 30 days. We were only staying overnight so that was fine.
That only applies if you are from one of the 33 or 34 countries on "the list" !!