Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flight Centre - Qantas seat sale (TODAY ONLY!)

Flight Centre - Qantas seat sale (TODAY ONLY!)

Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:13 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Flight Centre - Qantas seat sale (TODAY ONLY!)

Just thought I'd let everyone know about the sale going on at Flight Centre right now. It was advertised in a Brisbane paper so not sure if these are departing only from Brisbane or from all over.

Seats are $99 one way for Cairns, Adelaide, Townsville, Melbourne and Sydney. Call 1300 727 885. TODAY ONLY

For travel between Oct 15 and Dec 15th. Or for trabel between Jan 15 to Feb 28.

I just booked 5 tickets to Cairns and 2 tickets to Melbourne. So I save a lot of money!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:09 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight Centre - Qantas seat sale (TODAY ONLY!)

Whats dates did you book and how much did they cost ?

Did you check out a travel web site like http://www.speedytravel.com.au you might find them even cheaper. Virgin for example are $88 from Brisbane to Cairns.

Originally Posted by comet555
Just thought I'd let everyone know about the sale going on at Flight Centre right now. It was advertised in a Brisbane paper so not sure if these are departing only from Brisbane or from all over.

Seats are $99 one way for Cairns, Adelaide, Townsville, Melbourne and Sydney. Call 1300 727 885. TODAY ONLY

For travel between Oct 15 and Dec 15th. Or for trabel between Jan 15 to Feb 28.

I just booked 5 tickets to Cairns and 2 tickets to Melbourne. So I save a lot of money!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 2:25 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

First set of flights (Brisbane to Cairns return). Flights for 5 people.

Depart Nov 20th
Return Nov 23rd
Paid $99 each way per person

I checked your website and the only flight that was $88 would not work because it left at 7am. All the rest were $142. I like Qantas because they fly so often, and there's lots of times to choose from. My husband has to work that day so won't be home until 5pm, so we need to leave in the evening.

Next flight was for my parents. Brisbane to Cairns (one way).
Leaving Dec 14th, paid $99. Wasn't any cheaper on that site.

Next flight for my husband and I. Brisbane to Melbourne (return)
Leave Nov 28th
Return Dec 1st
Paid $99, cheapest flight on that site were $160 each way.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

kevzone will become famous soon enough

Is the sales because they have had such bad press lately?
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:45 pm
Canuck/Aussie

Originally Posted by kevzone
Is the sales because they have had such bad press lately?
Could be Not sure why they had the big sale. I do think they're being a bit butchered by the press though.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:21 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you only pay 80% of the fare becuase you only have 80% chance of getting there

Originally Posted by comet555
Could be Not sure why they had the big sale. I do think they're being a bit butchered by the press though.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by themerlin
Yes you only pay 80% of the fare becuase you only have 80% chance of getting there
Lol...one thing Australia lacks - competition in big business....hmm

Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:01 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Had a look not $99 from perth SHOCK!!