Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flight Booked - We Go 4th November

Flight Booked - We Go 4th November

Old Oct 13th 2003, 11:45 am
A soft and furry member

Bluey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flight Booked - We Go 4th November

On Friday night we finally did it, we've booked our one way tickets to Adelaide for November 4th:scared: and booked ourselves a hire-car for 10 days.
I finish work on 24th Oct, our shipping is being collected today and we move out of our house on Friday. After months of wondering why nothing was happening and why we seemed to be getting no closer to going, suddenly it's all going very very quickly.

The tickets are with Malaysian Airlines, anyone have any experience of them? Do they give free upgrades if you ask very very nicely? Why does everyone tell me how good Singapore Airlines are then go silent when I mention Malaysian? Why when I'm about to change my entire life am I so bothered about insignificant airline trivia?

Holy Sh*t - we're really going
:scared:
Bluey.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 5:51 pm
earlswood

Hi Bluey,

Good luck with everything!!

We flew to Sydney earlier this year with Malaysia and they were great. Don't know about the upgrade as we slummed it in economy
We had free drinks, menu choices, nuts icecreams etc every couple of hours O.J pineapple Juice etc all the time (all free) and the usual blanckets and pillows etc.
The air stewards/esses very genuine and friendly, couldn't fault it for economy really

Earlswood

Old Oct 13th 2003, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Congratulations on booking the flights! Not long to go now is it? I don't know anything about Malaysian but their reputation is good.

You lucky thing!
Old Oct 13th 2003, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. Good luck with your future life.

I flew with Malasian airlines last time I went. Absolutely brilliant. Couldn't fault them one bit.
Not sure about upgrades though, but worth a try.

Whisky
Old Oct 13th 2003, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

LissyP is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

My husband flew with Malaysian & thought they were great. I recently posted a thread re: airlines and the general concensus appears to be Singapore Airlines but I think it was a close run thing.

Good Luck & Best wishes
Old Oct 13th 2003, 7:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bluey! Glad to hear you're ready to go. Flew to Oz in February with Malaysian - they were excellent, plenty of drinks, food good, lovely polite service. The Bloke came over with them in August as well, no complaints. They have seatback videos, 26 games, good seat pitch, one thing they won't do though is upgrades unless you are very very very lucky or related to a director! still its always worth asking.
I'd fly with them again, no problem.

have a good trip!
Old Oct 13th 2003, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck Bluey!

Hope it all works out for you on OZ

footie chick
Old Oct 13th 2003, 9:20 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of
Default Re: Flight Booked - We Go 4th November

Originally posted by Bluey
On Friday night we finally did it, we've booked our one way tickets to Adelaide for November 4th:scared: and booked ourselves a hire-car for 10 days.
I finish work on 24th Oct, our shipping is being collected today and we move out of our house on Friday. After months of wondering why nothing was happening and why we seemed to be getting no closer to going, suddenly it's all going very very quickly.

The tickets are with Malaysian Airlines, anyone have any experience of them? Do they give free upgrades if you ask very very nicely? Why does everyone tell me how good Singapore Airlines are then go silent when I mention Malaysian? Why when I'm about to change my entire life am I so bothered about insignificant airline trivia?

Holy Sh*t - we're really going
:scared:
Bluey.

Good luck and have a safe journey.
Old Oct 14th 2003, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck Bluey,

Hope it all works out for you!
Old Oct 14th 2003, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flight Booked - We Go 4th November

Hi bluey

Not long now then.
I know a few pepole who have flown with Malaysian airlines and they have said they can't fault them.
Free drinks service,meals,snacks andI believe the cabin crew are very helpful and obliging.
Good luck for the next couple of weeks hope everything goes smoothly.

Diane
Old Oct 14th 2003, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Foggies is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Bluey,
We've also booked our tickets for the 4th (still only provisionally as we're waiting to exchange contracts on the house before finalising).
Where are you flying from? We're flying from Manchester (staying in Manchester the night before) at 0915 with Singapore and are stopping off in "Singers" for a couple of days before heading for Brisbane.
If you're there at the same time let us know- perhaps there'd be time to meet up?
good luck and hope your job list is starting to diminish, ours seems to be geting bigger by the hour!
Marc.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 8:41 am
A soft and furry member

Bluey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Foggies
Congrats Bluey,
We've also booked our tickets for the 4th (still only provisionally as we're waiting to exchange contracts on the house before finalising).
Where are you flying from? We're flying from Manchester (staying in Manchester the night before) at 0915 with Singapore and are stopping off in "Singers" for a couple of days before heading for Brisbane.
If you're there at the same time let us know- perhaps there'd be time to meet up?
good luck and hope your job list is starting to diminish, ours seems to be geting bigger by the hour!
Marc.
Thanks Marc. Yes we are going from Manchester on that day but not flying till 11. When we get there at 9ish You'll probably be on the plane already, unlucky timing , it would've been nice to meet someone going on the same day. Good luck in Brissie and thanks to all for the above posts. Despite a slight setback with the house completion dates, I think we're still on track.