Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flies and mosquitoes.....

Flies and mosquitoes.....

Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:42 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flies and mosquitoes.....

How have fellow ex-pats got on with these? Thought spiders and snakes would be the biggest worry but having just returned from a visit learnt that they were not that much of a problem. But summertime is when the flies and mozzies move in is'nt it? C x
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:45 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flies and mosquitoes.....

You get that with living a hot country. If you ever go near Ayers Rock or the Olgas. You will really know about the flies. Bloody things.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold

Sorry, just had to say that I used to frequent Kings Norton - the mop etc !!! Makes me feel all nostalgic !!

We are in Melbourne and flies are a bugger in the summer. Don't wear anything yellow and if you are around animals a lot you can buy a hat with a net attached to it like a bee-keepers to keep you sane !!!

Good news is though - haven't seen any wasps ! Flies might be a nuisance but they don't bite you.

Mozzies in Melbourne not a real problem, just spray a bit of aeroguard on if you are out in the evening.

Fly screens essential for your house though.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:57 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Flies might be a nuisance but they don't bite you

Sand flies?
Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

And bleedin Ants!!!! I have never seen so many of the things. We went for a picnic the other day and were bitten to death by the things. Everywhere I walk I can feel them crunching under my feet, they're evil!!!
Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:03 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Found the answer to flies and mozzies.....but it aint half hot mum
Attached Thumbnails Flies and mosquitoes.....-091.jpg  
Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:04 pm
Freedom!

Originally Posted by The S's
And bleedin Ants!!!! I have never seen so many of the things. We went for a picnic the other day and were bitten to death by the things. Everywhere I walk I can feel them crunching under my feet, they're evil!!!

The red ones are bad.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Izzy]Sorry, just had to say that I used to frequent Kings Norton - the mop etc !!! Makes me feel all nostalgic !!

Me too Izzy I was a regular visitor to 'The Mop' Kings Norton when they used to have the fun fair on. Had great times.

xxx
Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:05 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Izzy
Sorry, just had to say that I used to frequent Kings Norton - the mop etc !!! Makes me feel all nostalgic !!

We are in Melbourne and flies are a bugger in the summer. Don't wear anything yellow and if you are around animals a lot you can buy a hat with a net attached to it like a bee-keepers to keep you sane !!!

Good news is though - haven't seen any wasps ! Flies might be a nuisance but they don't bite you.

Mozzies in Melbourne not a real problem, just spray a bit of aeroguard on if you are out in the evening.

Fly screens essential for your house though.
hey 'the mop' that still happens!!!! It will be here again on the first monday of october same as usual.... in fact one of my children still goes to the school on kings norton green. Did you live around here then? C x
Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Not far I grew up in Frankley and went to Bournville School, we went religiously to the mop every year in our best gear trying to pull the young studs there!!!
Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:15 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Not far I grew up in Frankley and went to Bournville School, we went religiously to the mop every year in our best gear trying to pull the young studs there!!!
Me too!!! never had much luck though!!!!!!!! maybe we were there around the same time? I'm fast approaching 40...... C x
Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looks like we may have been!!! approaching 40 a little too fast for my liking still feel 16!!
Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:58 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Looks like we may have been!!! approaching 40 a little too fast for my liking still feel 16!!
Went to turves green girls school...and now my son attends turves green boys school....but also lived in rubery............small world really.... C x
Old Aug 28th 2006, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shiels

Went to turves green girls school...and now my son attends turves green boys school....but also lived in rubery............small world really.... C x
Really small world when you think about it. I still keep expecting to bump into somebody I know. OH's family is still in frankley, mine are in Great Barr and keep scaring us with the fact that they want to come over and visit!!!... Why the hell did they think we moved this far!!??!!
Old Aug 28th 2006, 1:50 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, I used to go to the Kings Norton Golf Club on a Thursday for a boogie!!
Used to live in Bromsgrove, down the road from Rubery.
I'm rapidly approaching 40 too....maybe we all used to dance around the same handbag?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.