Wikiposts

Flies (again)

Old Nov 27th 2005, 8:52 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flies (again)

I have just returned from my holiday and it was quite a good trip.

I had a few minor problems such as massive floods in Adelaide (but that is another story).

However the flies this year were the worst I have ever seen them :scared:

I went on the 'Art by the sea' walk in Bondi and they were a bloody nuisance but that was just a foretaste of what was to come

We were plagued with them whenever we went outside in South Australia...the worst was when we went fishing in the Lincoln park near Port Lincoln. They really were unbearable.

I believe that this is a particularly bad year. Anyone who has not yet experienced them is in for a real treat

Before anyone accuses me of whinging I can assure you that the locals were also complaining quite vociferously as well including someone who has been a farmer all his life.

G
Old Nov 27th 2005, 8:57 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flies (again)

Originally Posted by Grayling

I had a few minor problems such as massive floods in Adelaide (but that is another story).

I went on the 'Art by the sea' walk in Bondi and they were a bloody nuisance but that was just a foretaste of what was to come

We were plagued with them whenever we went outside in South Australia...the worst was when we went fishing in the Lincoln park near Port Lincoln. They really were unbearable.

I believe that this is a particularly bad year. Anyone who has not yet experienced them is in for a real treat

Before anyone accuses me of whinging I can assure you that the locals were also complaining quite vociferously as well including someone who has been a farmer all his life.

G

Nothing has been normal this year. Over here in Perth has been soooo cool and the flys have been very sticky. We really rely on the Freo doctor to blow the buggers away.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 8:27 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Hi G,
glad to hear you had a good holiday! (minus the flies obviously)
I remember the flies being bad in NT.......the use of a hat with corks hanging from the brim doesnt seem quite the naff idea i always thought!
Attached Thumbnails Flies (again)-cork-hat-.jpg  
Old Nov 27th 2005, 8:39 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

O.k., this is probably a really dumb question and you can all laugh at me: but why doesn't anyone in Oz wear a sort of "sun-hat-with-veil" when the flies are out? Can't think of a better way to describe them, but in the north of the Scandinavian countries people wear these, mainly to protect from mozzies, but I'm sure it would work against flies as well. Would that not work?

Gina
Old Nov 27th 2005, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

just the thought of all of those big fat hairy flies really does make me want to vomit urghhhhhh i feel sick
Old Nov 27th 2005, 8:44 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
just the thought of all of those big fat hairy flies really does make me want to vomit urghhhhhh i feel sick
Fat orange ones that buzz all f**king day
Old Nov 27th 2005, 8:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
Fat orange ones that buzz all f**king day

you know grayling could have posted a thread about having his leg chewed off by a croc or being bitten by a spider and that wouldnt have bothered me (no offence G ) but flies - now i really cannot stand flies they just give me the creeps. dirty horrible buzzing things ewwwwwwwwww
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

I want to know what they find so f***ing tastey down your ear
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:03 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by john_w
I want to know what they find so f***ing tastey down your ear
I know wtf is all that about
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

G
We thought that we were doing really well not complaining about the flies or even the mossies, it is our first year here and we knew that they would be a problem. However I felt so much better when several locals said that this is the worst that they can remember for this time of year here (not just us then woohoo). The flies are bad but they are sooooo much better than being eaten alive like we were a few weeks ago.
The fly screens on the house work wonders though so far not many in the house at all . The scary thing is when you see them on people's faces and around their mouths and they can't be bothered to swipe them away (uuurrrghhhh).
Nicky
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Its when they go up your nose and ge stuck at the back of your throat, still buzzing that I start to loose it :
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:09 pm

Its when they go up your nose and ge stuck at the back of your throat, still buzzing that I start to loose it :
I think Rooksie wants to stay in blighty now
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

The flies are not bad at all on the gold coast but the mozzies seem to like to have a nibble on me. I think they can sense new blood. Darren
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:25 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

The worst with the flies is when you are picking up the dog poo and the flies are moving their feet off the poo and onto your face, in your mouth, eyes etc. Now I know all flies are dirt bags, but actually seeing the connection between s**t and my mouth really drives me bonkers.

I know, I know, get rid of the dog........Actually the flies drive him bonkers as well. So its not just the homo sapiens who need to adjust to the new country!!!
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

OMFG!!!!! "Bleurghhhhhhh"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.