Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flat SCreen HD ready Sony tv

Flat SCreen HD ready Sony tv

Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:07 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flat SCreen HD ready Sony tv

Ok I've searched tv's and got completly confused by some saying you can take them others saying you can't and some going on about having to have something done to them ?

So can we take it or not?
Old Jan 21st 2010, 6:26 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flat SCreen HD ready Sony tv

Originally Posted by JenJen
Ok I've searched tv's and got completly confused by some saying you can take them others saying you can't and some going on about having to have something done to them ?

Should'nt be a problem although it would have to be securely packed.
It should work fine over here, we brought out a Samsung 42" tv, not a Plasma or Lcd, just ur normal tv and it works great.
We had a wooden crate made for it by the packers.

The only thing i would say, is check out the prices to buy out here...they are so cheap at the moment, and only gonna keep dropping in price.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:36 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
Should'nt be a problem although it would have to be securely packed.
It should work fine over here, we brought out a Samsung 42" tv, not a Plasma or Lcd, just ur normal tv and it works great.
We had a wooden crate made for it by the packers.

The only thing i would say, is check out the prices to buy out here...they are so cheap at the moment, and only gonna keep dropping in price.
thank you xxxxx
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 7:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It'll be fine and bring it. Even if you end up buying a fancy pants one on arrival, chances are you'll have two lounge rooms and then you can kick the kids and their Wiis etc in the other room with the old tv
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

newlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nice

I am led to believe that the TV's work fine, but the built in tuner / Program guide will not work; having said that most people have satellite boxes so won't be a problem
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 9:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newlife_downunder
I am led to believe that the TV's work fine, but the built in tuner / Program guide will not work; having said that most people have satellite boxes so won't be a problem
Newer TVs should work regardless. Older TVs may not have a picture but have sound or the other way round.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 9:38 am
Just Joined

challenged2 is on a distinguished road

Hi, just reading the thread and wondering what electrical things we would be able to take with us when we move down under. I have read that the voltage is the same, so would it just be a case of changing plugs or is there more to it than that? My OH has a wii and Im sure he would love to take it.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

newlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nice

Originally Posted by challenged2
Hi, just reading the thread and wondering what electrical things we would be able to take with us when we move down under. I have read that the voltage is the same, so would it just be a case of changing plugs or is there more to it than that? My OH has a wii and Im sure he would love to take it.
Yes same electrics so it should all work - you just need to remember to get a few extension leads, you won't need to change the plugs that way, then just get UK to Australian plug adaptor - as the meerkat says "simples"
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenJen

It won't work Jen. Do you want me to get rid of it for you?
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newlife_downunder
We brought a newish one over and tuned it in no problem at all Still going strong almost 3 years down the line.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alfresco
It won't work Jen. Do you want me to get rid of it for you?
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

rekkymech is just really nicerekkymech is just really nicerekkymech is just really nicerekkymech is just really nicerekkymech is just really nicerekkymech is just really nicerekkymech is just really nicerekkymech is just really nice

What about DVD players, playstaions etc as they are are governed to world regions, all my UK spec dvd's would be fine on my region 2 uk dvd player but any bought in Australia are region 4 and not compatible. Or is this not the case....same would apply to any optical drive hard ware i presume, i know people have bought playstation games from america on ebay and they've not worked