Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flat for sale as of this week

Flat for sale as of this week

Old Jul 28th 2003, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Smile Flat for sale as of this week

Yep it's up for sale well not quite but thought I would market it anyway

2 storey 3 bedroomed apartment 3 double bedrooms. lounge, kitchen, bathroom (powershower) communial garden etc

offers over 55k in Perth Scotland.

well a girl can hope she sell without an estate agent
Old Jul 28th 2003, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Good luck with the sale. It is the quietest time of the year according to the agents down here so don't hold your breath!

Hopefully it will pick up a bit when people have got back from their holidays.

Our agents showed us a long list of people interested in our kind of house and they have not been able to send one person around yet!!They talk complete bull most of the time don't they?

We are not really in a rush, but keeping the house immaculate with the 3 kids off of school is proving a task!!
Old Jul 29th 2003, 9:30 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tinaj
Good luck with the sale. It is the quietest time of the year according to the agents down here so don't hold your breath!

Our agents showed us a long list of people interested in our kind of house and they have not been able to send one person around yet!!They talk complete bull most of the time don't they?

We are not really in a rush, but keeping the house immaculate with the 3 kids off of school is proving a task!!
I can see now why estate agents get such a bad name, we had 5 look at ours re selling. The first pulled it to pieces and said we'd be lucky to sell for 39k from then on the valuations got higher eventually reaching 45k, the highest price was from a female valuer who was confident of a sale within 3 weeks she said they had a lot of people on their books looking for similar property. The valuer was very helpful as it's the 1st house we've ever sold so we had loads of questions. Deb felt as if she was the most helpful and had time to go through things with her and didn't make her feel as if she was doing us a favour. Anyway we have received an offer for the full asking price just a week after it went up for sale so I guess the estate agent has been true to her word, although we know it's not over until the contracts are signed. The couple buying are young, about to get married and still living with their parents and want to be in asap

Champayne is on ice,
Old Jul 29th 2003, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Glad to hear that they are not all bad.

We had trouble choosing between two and as soon as we had signed up with one of them my gut feeling told me I had done the wrong thing. We have signed an 8 week contract, but if they don't get their fingers out within a couple of weeks we will tell them to get stuffed.

I am not expecting to sell it instantly, but a few viewings wouldn't be too much to ask??
Old Jul 29th 2003, 9:41 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tinaj

Tina, whereabouts are you in Surrey ?. We are in Woldingham near Caterham & the market still seems to be okay here.
Old Jul 29th 2003, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

yes it is the quietest time usually al over currently flats in our area going on teh sales figures for 3 months that the estate agent brought round are being sold in 4 weeks.

Good luck to all, ours still isn't offically for sale but hopefully by the end of the week.

It's great seeing hubby being so perdantic about the cleaning.
Old Jul 29th 2003, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

I hope it works out for you,but I personally am very cynical about anything that estate agents say.

Mind you I think Scotland has a much better system for selling properties than England, don't you?
Old Jul 30th 2003, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Tina yes I do, they start at a lower figure and work up and an offer is legally binding. They start lower and say offers over a certain figure people here then bid between 20 and 40 % more.

So you set yourself a set figure and anything over it is a bonus.

It's still not on the market hopefully by the end of the week.

When do you fly Tina ?