Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fixed Home Phone Line- Confused.

Fixed Home Phone Line- Confused.

Old Aug 5th 2011, 10:50 am

lancastrian48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fixed Home Phone Line- Confused.

Hi All

Now, do you need a Telstra fixed phone line if you also have Telstra fixed ADSL and Foxtel ??? -confused.

If not ,then a saving could be made on the home line.

Cheers

Old Aug 5th 2011, 11:42 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fixed Home Phone Line- Confused.

Originally Posted by lancastrian48
Hi All

Now, do you need a Telstra fixed phone line if you also have Telstra fixed ADSL and Foxtel ??? -confused.

If not ,then a saving could be made on the home line.

Cheers

Foxtel has nothing to do with it, its just billing convenience.
Re phone I "think" you do have to as I don't think Telstra offer naked DSL.
If you dont want a phone line, Google naked DSL. Quite a few on here use it with good deals and service I think.
Old Aug 5th 2011, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by EvannTel
If you dont want a phone line, Google naked DSL. Quite a few on here use it with good deals and service I think.
I recommend iinet for naked DSL as long as you don't ask them to do anything complicated. We ended up about $800 in credit because they charged us for service (including dial up?!?) at two properties instead of moving the service from one property to another. Took months to sort out because they employ computer geek wizards who unfortunately have no logic. But apart from that, it's a great deal!
Old Aug 6th 2011, 7:01 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

here in Vic if you bundle your telephone & ADSL together with Telstra on a 2 year contract you get a $10 per month discount on your bill and choice of a free t hub or t box.

I was also told that foxtel will be available soon in some places via the t box and will use the internet connection and will be nearly half the standard price. Internet usage for foxtel will be unmetered as well.