Old Dec 26th 2005, 7:54 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Five sleeps to go!!!

Originally Posted by AndyD
Good
Yep
Old Dec 26th 2005, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by marson
18 days before we fly too - fortunatly we arn't going to suffer from the rationing at Heathrow, we're on the 10.15pm ish flight.

Still so much stuff still to get rid of. eBay for me !
We're flying from Manchester so I hope we're OK! All our furniture has gone to the local auction but the charity shops have done really well out of us as well!
Old Dec 26th 2005, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
Glad to hear I'm not on my own! Been packing solidly for the last 2 days as hubby has been working (need the overtime!!). Got our party on Thursday night which I am dreading! A few weeks ago it seemed like a good idea but now I'm not so sure!

We are flying to Brisbane and are going to live in Manly. We've got 4 kids so I apologise in advance to anyone who is currently enjoying the peace and quiet there!! I'm dreading not having any friends so if anyone wants to take pity on me it will be much appreciated!!

And for those of you who are still waiting for your visa's - hang on in there because once you've got them it's scary how quick it comes round! :scared:
You will be fine, I new nobody here, not a soul.
Now 12 months later i have some of the nicest friends you could ever meet, never a dull moment.
And when things get tough they are there. Moving at Christmas is stressful but we spent it at friends house. And we have friends helping us move, what more could you want, I cant thank them enough. Jan and her family in Busselton [Springflower on here] made us so welcome Christmas day, thankyou so much. So you will be ok, and you tend to make friends easier when you have lots of kids, I did. Good luck to you, speak soon Denise
Old Dec 27th 2005, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Jeanette Jones will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Five sleeps to go!!!

Now Christmas is over it's so close I can almost touch it!!! I can't believe we are going to live in Oz in less than a week! I'm ecstatic and petrified all at the same time! Is anyone else going soon and do you feel like this? I feel like I'm about to step on to the biggest roller coaster ever! :scared: I hope I'm not sick!!! Jo

Hi, 7 nights more sleep for us and then off to Perth! Can't wait, but am feeling very weird about it now. There are 4 of us due to my oldest son staying here to finish his next two years at Uni in the UK. He will have virtually no family in the UK to turn to and only his girlfriend for comfort. I am dreading leaving him at Manchester Airport.

Flying out with Singapore airlines too, good luck Jo. I also can't believe that this time next week we'll be well into our journey there. Living at my Dads at the moment - although he isn't here, he is spending the Xmas at my sister's in Canada, so although we have the place to ourselves it's so cramped! We sold our house at the beginning of Nov 05 and had been living in rented for 7 weeks but had to move to my Dad's for the remaining two weeks. Living out of suitcases etc for 2 months is one hell of a challenge!

Good luck with your journey, Merry Xmas and all the best for the new year.

Jeanette and family
Old Dec 27th 2005, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

We're flying from Manchester so I hope we're OK! All our furniture has gone to the local auction but the charity shops have done really well out of us as well!
4 MORE SLEEPS TO GO :scared:
Old Dec 27th 2005, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

MY Son leaves from Manchester Friday night at 8 ,
Old Dec 28th 2005, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Now Christmas is over it's so close I can almost touch it!!! I can't believe we are going to live in Oz in less than a week! I'm ecstatic and petrified all at the same time! Is anyone else going soon and do you feel like this? I feel like I'm about to step on to the biggest roller coaster ever! :scared: I hope I'm not sick!!! Jo

You'll be fine, honest....... the last week is so hard and very mixed feelings.

Its soooooo worth it all once you get here

Sending you some chill K

All the best

Sue x
Old Dec 28th 2005, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Thank you for all your best wishes, I'm sure it's gonna be fine once I get on the plane! I just feel sick all the time now. Hubby has absolutely no nerves at all and just can't wait! I think he's getting worried that I'm gonna pull out at the last minute but i'm not!!!! Leaving party is Thursday night and I think I might feel better after that! I'm not looking forward to saying goodbye to over 70 friends and family in one night! In fact do you think it would be really bad if I just don't turn up?????? Anyway still loads and loads of packing to do! I thought 240kg would be far too much but it's getting very tight!!

3 sleeps to go!!!!!
Old Dec 28th 2005, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Jeanette Jones will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Five sleeps to go!!!

Thank you for all your best wishes, I'm sure it's gonna be fine once I get on the plane! I just feel sick all the time now. Hubby has absolutely no nerves at all and just can't wait! I think he's getting worried that I'm gonna pull out at the last minute but i'm not!!!! Leaving party is Thursday night and I think I might feel better after that! I'm not looking forward to saying goodbye to over 70 friends and family in one night! In fact do you think it would be really bad if I just don't turn up?????? Anyway still loads and loads of packing to do! I thought 240kg would be far too much but it's getting very tight!!

3 sleeps to go!!!!!
All the best with the party, I'm sure all will be OK. We have our last family get together - only a few of us though - on Friday night. Going out for a family meal, mini bus hired so that everyone can have a drink this time, think we'll need it! 5 more sleeps to go for us!

Strange feeling now though, like I can't smile somehow! Feel like crying and then thinking all will be OK, what a mixture of feelings, I know exactly what you mean.

All the best, may see you 'down under'?

Jeanette
Old Dec 29th 2005, 1:45 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Just under 2 weeks for us i can't wait , wife is bit nervous
I'm getting excited for you
Old Dec 29th 2005, 1:58 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Reading these threads has really started making my tummy churn. We have 12 sleeps to go and although I'm really excited I'm also really nervous :scared:

I think what's making me more nervous is the fact that we feel pretty organized (which is really unlike us) and I'm just waiting for something to go wrong.

At the moment I'm thinking about Oz 99.999999999% of the time which also seems to be making time feel like it's going really slow.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

angela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the rough

I have 18 sleeps to go until the kids and I are reunited with hubbie/daddie. He has been there since 1 December and loves it. The bedrooms are decorated so I'm ready to take on the rest of the house.

Have packed 5 suitcases full of junk and still have my clothes to do in a couple of weeks.

I cannot wait but am dreading the goodbyes, especially since my family are threatening to come to the airport which would all be too much for me I fear!

Tick, tock, tick, tock......