Reload this Page >

fit and healthy - rugby

fit and healthy - rugby

Old Nov 18th 2002, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

dpr21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fit and healthy - rugby

Ceri

Do you actually know anything about rugby? England beat the Wallabies because they are currently a far superior team and controlled 75% of the possession, a stat unfortunately not borne out by the scoreline which flattered the Wallabies. IF they (England) get their defence sorted out they are, as things stand, the form team for the 2003 World Cup. I DIGRESS

If you think the Aussies were dirty on Sat you have clearly not seen All Black rucking ( and a host of other "stunts" under Sean Fitpatrick) or the Springboks, French, Welsh, Argentinians, Samoans et al on their 'better' days. England controlled the game - watch any rugby international and you will see that when one team is being so clearly dominated, especially in the tight, that the opposition will invariably resort to what you call dirty play. When England weren't doing as well, Martin Johnson could justifiably have been called the biggest thug in world rugby - mais ces't la vie!!

DPR

PS Not an England supporter but gotta give credit where credit's due
Old Nov 18th 2002, 11:08 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Do you know anything??

Mate, I said it was a good game.. but if you watched that game the English held possesion in the first half, the Aussies the second half had possesion more.

And before you get your knickers in twist... ask yourself this... Who holds the most Grand slams??? eh?
Wales!!!!
England is behind us in the records! If England win one more grand slam... they will draw level with the Welsh.

Who holds the most points for goal scoring eh??? Neil Jenkins (world record holder)

I don't know what your prob is mate, but I said it was a good game!! And England deserved the win... so stop trying to cause trouble.
geeze!
Old Nov 18th 2002, 11:24 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

P.S

If you look at the stats for the last cup...
Australia was one of the worst for "dirtiness" penalties, yellow cards etc.
I think argentina was the worse of course.

England
Wales
and the other Brit teams were actually the cleanest!
Australians play dirty rugby ... even if winning.
I don't know how I've ruffled your feathers, maybe it's because I've said "the All blacks are the worlds best team" ... but sorry I think they are... and they are the one to beat - the wallabies have not got a patch on them, it's the difference between class!

cheers
Old Nov 18th 2002, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

michael29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ceri
P.S

If you look at the stats for the last cup...
Australia was one of the worst for "dirtiness" penalties, yellow cards etc.
I think argentina was the worse of course.

England
Wales
and the other Brit teams were actually the cleanest!
Australians play dirty rugby ... even if winning.
I don't know how I've ruffled your feathers, maybe it's because I've said "the All blacks are the worlds best team" ... but sorry I think they are... and they are the one to beat - the wallabies have not got a patch on them, it's the difference between class!

cheers
There's not a chance you'd be biast is there,as for dirty teams, come on, your hav'n a laugh arnt ya i dont think you've got a clue at what your talking about,they're world champions if that means anything to you and if you bother to look back at history i think your dreaming if the all blacks are in a different class,even they would'nt admit that.So save the unintelligent comments to the world cup and we'll see who ends up in the final.
Old Nov 18th 2002, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

stay or go ? is an unknown quantity at this point

who gives a toss - the better team won, being England !!!!

stop whinging - Australia are an outdated classless team these days - half their team are going to need Zimmer frames by the time RWC 03 starts !
Old Nov 19th 2002, 12:36 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fit and healthy - rugby

Originally posted by dpr21
Ceri

Do you actually know anything about rugby? England beat the Wallabies because they are currently a far superior team and controlled 75% of the possession, a stat unfortunately not borne out by the scoreline which flattered the Wallabies. IF they (England) get their defence sorted out they are, as things stand, the form team for the 2003 World Cup. I DIGRESS

If you think the Aussies were dirty on Sat you have clearly not seen All Black rucking ( and a host of other "stunts" under Sean Fitpatrick) or the Springboks, French, Welsh, Argentinians, Samoans et al on their 'better' days. England controlled the game - watch any rugby international and you will see that when one team is being so clearly dominated, especially in the tight, that the opposition will invariably resort to what you call dirty play. When England weren't doing as well, Martin Johnson could justifiably have been called the biggest thug in world rugby - mais ces't la vie!!

DPR

PS Not an England supporter but gotta give credit where credit's due
While I agree with a lot of what you say , Big Martin is my hero not only Englands captain he also does a great job for the worlds best team Leicester Tigers.
He only looks like a thug because of all the hammerings he takes from guys like those dirty bastard Aussies.

By the way Martin at present is rated 3rd in the World and soon will be the best lock on the planet when he lifts the World Cup next year.

Lock (Front Jumper) Simon Maling New Zealand 2 91.60

Lock (Front Jumper) Jannes Labuschagne South Africa 5 89.37

Lock (Front Jumper) Martin Johnson England 4 84.97

Lock (Front Jumper) Fabien Pelous France 5 84.64

Lock (Front Jumper) Gareth Llewellyn Wales 2 81.63

Lock (Front Jumper) Carlo Checchinato Italy 2 78.05

Lock (Front Jumper) Nathan Sharpe Australia 6 77.61

Lock (Front Jumper) Danny Grewcock England 2 75.01

Lock (Front Jumper) Craig Quinnell Wales 2 74.55

Lock (Front Jumper) Scott Murray Scotland 5 73.98

Last edited by pommie bastard; Nov 19th 2002 at 3:58 am.
Old Nov 19th 2002, 12:41 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by michael29
There's not a chance you'd be biast is there,as for dirty teams, come on, your hav'n a laugh arnt ya i dont think you've got a clue at what your talking about,they're world champions if that means anything to you and if you bother to look back at history i think your dreaming if the all blacks are in a different class,even they would'nt admit that.So save the unintelligent comments to the world cup and we'll see who ends up in the final.

Over the last year England have topped the world rankings in Rugby , this was the Third game on the trot we have put the Aussie second, no one is unbeatable in the Aussies case played 2 games in Europe in last 2 weeks lost 2.
Old Nov 19th 2002, 2:11 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by michael29
World champions yes.. but best no! Australia did not even meet New Zealand in the 99 cup... they had an easy run.

Have a look at the pool groups for this year... again it seems Australia has the easiest pool! While England is in with South Africa, Wales has N.Zealand to deal with... Australia has Ireland, and Romania for christs sake!

If Australia come first in their group this year.. they meet Scotland (who I think will be runner up in their group), in the quarters... easy run again. Except for one diff this time... they will meet up with New Zealand before the final, if these two countries are first of their pools, and win their quarters.

I think you need to look back into the history.. like I said the Aussies have not got a patch on the All Blacks...
Most people respect the All Blacks... you don't hear them being jeered at by the Brits , like the aussies... ever wondered why the Brits jeer at the Aussies when they walk on the pitch! They have never done this to the All Blacks
Australia are Bad losers, and bad winners... which is worse I do not know... Brag, Brag, or whinge whinge ... NO CLASS!
There was even talk by some "lefties" here in the ranks of trying to ban N.Zealand from the 03 cup!! Over this sh*t... with N.Zealand were supposed to be joint hosts. see whinge!
Australia even had the cheek to try and complain to the rugby board at Wales (99), the reason was because of Jason john Hughes! You lot whinged that we were breaking the rules by having an Aussie born in the team! His father is Welsh. It was chucked out by the board... no case!What a cheek... look at the Aussie team - Is there any of them Australian by birth by the way? lol.. don't answer that.. I know there are... but how many foreigners are in there!!! lol ... Kiwi's Samoan's< English, Tongans... the list goes on!

Yes mate save your breath... because I think the Aussies won't reach the final next year... my bets are N.Zealand v one of the home nations, whether it will be England, France etc, I'd like to put Wales here.. but I'm not going to, as I'm realistic!

cheers

As for best... dream on! Ireland has just beat you, England has just beat you, and you only just beat the Argies when you should have won by miles!
It's a slippery slope... see you down there

Last edited by Ceri; Nov 19th 2002 at 2:26 am.
Old Nov 19th 2002, 2:16 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by stay or go ?
who gives a toss - the better team won, being England !!!!

stop whinging - Australia are an outdated classless team these days - half their team are going to need Zimmer frames by the time RWC 03 starts !
... I can picture that..lol
Old Nov 19th 2002, 3:30 am
Banned

Most people respect the All Blacks... you don't hear them being jeered at by the Brits , like the aussies... ever wondered why the Brits jeer at the Aussies when they walk on the pitch! They have never done this to the All Blacks
Australia are Bad losers, and bad winners... which is worse I do not know... Brag, Brag, or whinge whinge ... NO CLASS!
There was even talk by some "lefties" here in the ranks of trying to ban N.Zealand from the 03 cup!! Over this sh*t... with N.Zealand were supposed to be joint hosts. see whinge!
Yes mate save your breath... because I think the Aussies won't reach the final next year... my bets are N.Zealand v one of the home nations, whether it will be England, France etc, I'd like to put Wales here.. but I'm not going to, as I'm realistic!

cheers

As for best... dream on! Ireland has just beat you, England has just beat you, and you only just beat the Argies when you should have won by miles!
It's a slippery slope... see you down there

Spot on Girl like any good Welsh Lass you know your Rugby , we all dislike the Aussies , because as you say they are bad lossers and even worse winners as you say no class.
As the saying goes the Australians are good at sport but bad sportmen , they are mini Yanks cheat at all costs and never congratulate the winners I find I can not take to them at all.
Old Nov 19th 2002, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

michael29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Spot on Girl like any good Welsh Lass you know your Rugby , we all dislike the Aussies , because as you say they are bad lossers and even worse winners as you say no class.
As the saying goes the Australians are good at sport but bad sportmen , they are mini Yanks cheat at all costs and never congratulate the winners I find I can not take to them at all.
Isnt it funny when England falls over the line to beat Australia and everyones back on the wagon,no wonder you dont like aussies,its because you always mouth off at your little wins here and there then it comes back to bite you in the arse as always.But when it comes to silverware chokers comes to mind because the reality of it is Englands won nothing and Wales, well Wales has'nt even won a chook raffle haha.
Old Nov 19th 2002, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

ex kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

A Realty check is needed here:

10/11/02

England 31 - New Zealand 28 (NZ played it's "B" team)
Ireland 18 - Australia 9
France 30 - South Africa 10

17/11/02

France 20 - New Zealand 20 (NZ played 30mins with 14 men)
England 32 - Australia 31
Scotland 21 - South Africa 6

The only surprise is the Ireland game. All southern hemisphere teams are at the end of a hard 2002 season.

2002 Achievements

New Zealand: Tri-Nations Champs, Super 12 Champs (Canterbury Crusaders aka The All Blacks)
Australia: Bledesloe Cup (won in the last minute)
South Africa: Nothing

RWC Prediction: Winners - The All Blacks, will knock out Australia in the quarters, and it really doesn’t matter who they play from there in the Final.
Old Nov 19th 2002, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

dpr21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fit and Health - rugby

Do you know anything??

Mate, I said it was a good game.. but if you watched that game the English held possesion in the first half, the Aussies the second half had possesion more.

And before you get your knickers in twist... ask yourself this... Who holds the most Grand slams??? eh?
Wales!!!!
England is behind us in the records! If England win one more grand slam... they will draw level with the Welsh.
Instead of being such a one-eyed nationalist try reading the posting before you mouth off like a moron. I mentioned absolutely nothing about England v Wales, Grand Slams etc. The point I was making was about how most teams in International Rugby (well virtually all competitive rugby actually) will turn to dirty play and/or spoiling tactics when put under pressure as England did (comprehensively) to the Wallabies on Saturday.

Who holds the most points for goal scoring eh??? Neil Jenkins (world record holder)
Relevance?

I don't know what your prob is mate, but I said it was a good game!! And England deserved the win... so stop trying to cause trouble. geeze!
Cause trouble - what moi? I wasn't trying to cause trouble but it would require the 'patience of Job' (which I don't have) to ignore your idiotic ramblings. Clearly you know very little about the actual game of rugby, regurgitating stats that any half wit can find (and manipulate) to make whatever point s(he) wishes to make. Perhaps Welsh rugby is so poor at the moment because it's run by people of your ilk?
Old Nov 20th 2002, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

ex kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fit and Health - rugby

Originally posted by dpr21
Instead of being such a one-eyed nationalist try reading the posting before you mouth off like a moron. I mentioned absolutely nothing about England v Wales, Grand Slams etc. The point I was making was about how most teams in International Rugby (well virtually all competitive rugby actually) will turn to dirty play and/or spoiling tactics when put under pressure as England did (comprehensively) to the Wallabies on Saturday.

Cause trouble - what moi? I wasn't trying to cause trouble but it would require the 'patience of Job' (which I don't have) to ignore your idiotic ramblings. Clearly you know very little about the actual game of rugby, regurgitating stats that any half wit can find (and manipulate) to make whatever point s(he) wishes to make. Perhaps Welsh rugby is so poor at the moment because it's run by people of your ilk?

That's bound to get her biting!

It will be interesting to see how the Welsh go against the New Zealand "C" team on the weekend.

5 new caps, on top of an already "B" looking team.
Old Nov 20th 2002, 3:53 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Default Re: Fit and Health - rugby

Hellooooo,
Yes go on bag Welsh Rugby... lol.. We play better as underdogs.
We won our last two games... although nothing to brag about , as we should have won them anyway... Canada anf Fiji.
We play N.Zealand on Saturday... I think we'll lose this one I said welsh rugby is inconsistent, But the English have made this mistake before... writing Wales off... only for us to Beat them! 99 the English thought that they had the 6 nations all sewn up... one match to go... it's only Wales... Guess what! "we slipped them one!" 32/31, never underestimate us.. The English have made this mistake time and time , underestimating the Welsh, they actually do it to the Scottish too. Actually that game on Saturday was a bl**dy good game... I could have been watching the 99 match !! .. never underestimate anyone ... and that's the Aussies trouble!!. You will not get into the final next year... work it out ... to this you must get past N.Zealand in the semi final 1 (a calculated guess... I'll bet my money semi final 1 will be N.Zealand and Australia)... unless Ireland beat you again ... semi final 2 will be France and either England, or Wales. England and Wales to my reckoning will meet up in the quarters (winner of group c (England I recon)meets runner up of group D (Wales... by my reckoning))... so there's a good chance here... that Wales and England will be playing off in the quarters. Australia and scotland.... then on to face the All blacks for you (the Aussies).

And as for dirtiness... bull! Did you watch the English game Saturday... the only dirty players I saw were Aussies! one of the Aussies (lanky streak of P* ss) had to have a go at the smallest guy in the English team... oooh brave man! And Mate if You watched the Aussie , Argie game ... well what can I say about that... One dirty team meets another! Mind you Kefu "king of dirtiness" is keeping his head down these days.. The Aussie team uses dirty play/ they border on the rules... they send decoys out in front. And as for their passing... they have mastered the art of playing "right on that border of a forward pass!"

France in the last cup.. played the cleanest game I have seen in a long run! They deserved to get into the final, unlike the Aussies who got there through luck and dirtiness, and how many Yellow cards I don't know! Didn't one of your players get banned for a couple of matches through the Irish game.., ?? in the cup. They then went on to play Wales... my god... what a dirty game! And the ref was blind! (blind kiwi tw*t !!! ) .

Cheers

P.s

something for you to chew on:
You've a long way to catch up with those "classy" All Blacks - 38 matches/ win's to be exact!

94 Bledisloe cup matches:
New Zealand won 64
Australia - 26

plus there were 4 draws....

now calm down, calm down ....it's just not "classy" to get angry
Perhaps if you cleaned up your game., and stopped whinging. you may be a match for the Kiwi's... one day

Cymru am byth

Last edited by Ceri; Nov 20th 2002 at 4:05 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.