fit and healthy - rugby

fit and healthy - rugby

Old Nov 20th 2002, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

dpr21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fit and Health - rugby

Originally posted by Ceri
Hellooooo,
Yes go on bag Welsh Rugby... lol.. We play better as underdogs.
We won our last two games... although nothing to brag about , as we should have won them anyway... Canada anf Fiji.
We play N.Zealand on Saturday... I think we'll lose this one I said welsh rugby is inconsistent, But the English have made this mistake before... writing Wales off... only for us to Beat them! 99 the English thought that they had the 6 nations all sewn up... one match to go... it's only Wales... Guess what! "we slipped them one!" 32/31, never underestimate us.. The English have made this mistake time and time , underestimating the Welsh, they actually do it to the Scottish too. Actually that game on Saturday was a bl**dy good game... I could have been watching the 99 match !! .. never underestimate anyone ... and that's the Aussies trouble!!. You will not get into the final next year... work it out ... to this you must get past N.Zealand in the Quarter final 1 (a calculated guess... I'll bet my money semi final 1 will be N.Zealand and Australia)... unless Ireland beat you again ... semi final 2 will be France and either England, or Wales. England and Wales to my reckoning will meet up in the quarters (winner of group c (England I recon)meets runner up of group D (Wales... by my reckoning))... so there's a good chance here... that Wales and England will be playing off in the quarters. Australia and scotland.... then on to face the All blacks for you (the Aussies).

And as for dirtiness... bull! Did you watch the English game Saturday... the only dirty players I saw were Aussies! one of the Aussies (lanky streak of P* ss) had to have a go at the smallest guy in the English team... oooh brave man! And Mate if You watched the Aussie , Argie game ... well what can I say about that... One dirty team meets another! Mind you Kefu "king of dirtiness" is keeping his head down these days.. The Aussie team uses dirty play/ they border on the rules... they send decoys out in front. And as for their passing... they have mastered the art of playing "right on that border of a forward pass!"

France in the last cup.. played the cleanest game I have seen in a long run! They deserved to get into the final, unlike the Aussies who got there through luck and dirtiness, and how many Yellow cards I don't know! Didn't one of your players get banned for a couple of matches through the Irish game.., ?? in the cup. They then went on to play Wales... my god... what a dirty game! And the ref was blind! (kiwi tw*t !!! ) .

Cheers

P.s

something for you to chew on:
You've a long way to catch up with those "classy" All Blacks - 38 matches/ win's to be exact!

94 Bledisloe cup matches:
New Zealand won 64
Australia - 26

plus there were 4 draws....

now calm down, calm down ....it's just not "classy" to get angry

Cymru am byth

Is your condition congenital or heaven forbid can I catch it by exchanging views on this forum? Read what I said earlier and come back with at least a semi-intelligent reponse.

Oh, and this throws a spanner in the works, I am NOT a Wallaby supporter merely a an ex-rugby player and now a follower of the game wherever it may be played.
Old Nov 20th 2002, 4:18 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by michael29
Isnt it funny when England falls over the line to beat Australia and everyones back on the wagon,no wonder you dont like aussies,its because you always mouth off at your little wins here and there then it comes back to bite you in the arse as always.But when it comes to silverware chokers comes to mind because the reality of it is Englands won nothing and Wales, well Wales has'nt even won a chook raffle haha.
Oh shut up you we don't have "chooks" in Wales... speak proper will you! It's Chickens. "we speak proper like boyo" ..lol

They're all crawling out of the woodwork now.. stop whinging you Aussie bad losers! get over it! England beat you ! Ireland beat you! accept defeat, graciously... "quick look up gracious in the dictionary, because I'm sure it's not in the Aussies sportsman/fan's vocabulary"

A lesson on Gracious:

"Good game, good game... you deserved the win... see you next time... we'll be back"

cheers
Old Nov 20th 2002, 4:22 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by dpr21
Is your condition congenital or heaven forbid can I catch it by exchanging views on this forum? Read what I said earlier and come back with at least a semi-intelligent reponse.

Oh, and this throws a spanner in the works, I am NOT a Wallaby supporter merely a an ex-rugby player and now a follower of the game wherever it may be played.
Mate, you're a closet wallaby fan... and yes, my husband/partner is also an ex.. rugby player.. he played for his home town... so don't pull that one on me either.

cheers

got your dictionary out yet Aussies?? learn the meaning! of losing graciously
Old Nov 20th 2002, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

dpr21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mate, you're a closet wallaby fan...
Well you're nothing if not predictable. You still missed the point - clearly I'd better chalk that one up to experience.

If by a closet Wallaby fan you mean do I hope the Wallabies will beat Wales then the answer is a qualified "yes". However, I'd rather see a really good match that Wales won than a cr*p one that the Wallabies win.

and yes, my husband/partner is also an ex.. rugby player.. he played for his home town... so don't pull that one on me either.
So! - perhaps he knows a lot about rugby, it doesn't explain your inane twitterings.

got your dictionary out yet Aussies?? learn the meaning! of losing graciously
I give up -how many times do you need to be told I am not a real Wallaby supporter? Anyway fortunately for them (Wallaby supporters), lack of grace can be changed fairly quickly. However, I'd guess that you're stuck with being stupid.
Old Nov 20th 2002, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

stay or go ? is an unknown quantity at this point

seems to be a lot of professional rugby union fans / qualified commentators here, capable of offering objective critique of the sport as against raking up personal insults in the quest for the "Ultimate Rugby Knowledge".

or is it a lot of people talking arse ?

follow the bloody sport, enjoy it, get involved in bantering about the sport, but dont be arrogant pricks reverting to personal jibes - "i know more about rugby than you do" - what crap.
Old Nov 20th 2002, 9:23 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by stay or go ?
seems to be a lot of professional rugby union fans / qualified commentators here, capable of offering objective critique of the sport as against raking up personal insults in the quest for the "Ultimate Rugby Knowledge".

or is it a lot of people talking arse ?

follow the bloody sport, enjoy it, get involved in bantering about the sport, but dont be arrogant pricks reverting to personal jibes - "i know more about rugby than you do" - what crap.
Exactly!!!!

Hang on one last jibe..... to Dpr21
see you in the cup

cheers
Old Nov 20th 2002, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by ex kiwi
A Realty check is needed here:

10/11/02

England 31 - New Zealand 28 (NZ played it's "B" team)
Ireland 18 - Australia 9
France 30 - South Africa 10

17/11/02

France 20 - New Zealand 20 (NZ played 30mins with 14 men)
England 32 - Australia 31
Scotland 21 - South Africa 6

The only surprise is the Ireland game. All southern hemisphere teams are at the end of a hard 2002 season.

2002 Achievements

New Zealand: Tri-Nations Champs, Super 12 Champs (Canterbury Crusaders aka The All Blacks)
Australia: Bledesloe Cup (won in the last minute)
South Africa: Nothing

RWC Prediction: Winners - The All Blacks, will knock out Australia in the quarters, and it really doesn’t matter who they play from there in the Final.

Heard it said many times that the English are full of there own self importance, well read the above crap and tell me the the Kiwis are not right up with the English.
Who's fault is it that NZ sent a 'B' team, all England could do was beat them, which they did. NZ come off the end of a long hard season, well that surely was the 'A' team !, so I would have thought the B team were fresh, what's the difference, NZ players were tired, England had not played together for months.
NZ draw with France missing a player for 30 minutes, what happened to him then ?, was he just tooooo tired to carry on after that long hard season.
RWC predictions, it would be the first World Cup NZ have one in a while
strange really, if I remember correctly, the only one they won before was played in ............where was it ............. oh yes, New Zealand, shame that NZ are not holding the next World Cup !, why is that ?.
Old Nov 21st 2002, 12:38 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by michael29
Isnt it funny when England falls over the line to beat Australia and everyones back on the wagon,no wonder you dont like aussies,its because you always mouth off at your little wins here and there then it comes back to bite you in the arse as always.But when it comes to silverware chokers comes to mind because the reality of it is Englands won nothing and Wales, well Wales has'nt even won a chook raffle haha.
The one Rugby Cup England have kept for 3 years is the Cook Cup the one Australia has lost .

We have had a little something called the football ball World Cup in the bank which is the biggest game in the world , never seen Australia make it the Finals more than once and then never got above the first stage in 70 years never mind won it.
Never mind Aussies Rules will chatch one on day in your dreams , I mean Soccer thats just the only true World game unlike the games Australia is any good at.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Nov 21st 2002 at 3:01 am.
Old Nov 21st 2002, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

ex kiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry

Originally posted by Santa
Heard it said many times that the English are full of there own self importance, well read the above crap and tell me the the Kiwis are not right up with the English.
Who's fault is it that NZ sent a 'B' team, all England could do was beat them, which they did. NZ come off the end of a long hard season, well that surely was the 'A' team !, so I would have thought the B team were fresh, what's the difference, NZ players were tired, England had not played together for months.
NZ draw with France missing a player for 30 minutes, what happened to him then ?, was he just tooooo tired to carry on after that long hard season.
RWC predictions, it would be the first World Cup NZ have one in a while
strange really, if I remember correctly, the only one they won before was played in ............where was it ............. oh yes, New Zealand, shame that NZ are not holding the next World Cup !, why is that ?.
Santa ! Wake Up!.

1) NZ sent a "B" team because they don't give a rats arse about this end of year tour.

2) I said "All southern hemisphere teams are at the end of a hard 2002 season." Hence South Africa & Aussies poor results.

3) 3 players were sent off for 10 minutes each. None were tired chap.

Anyway, I'd rather watch paint dry. Rugby Leagues my game. (no I'm not a NZ Warriors supporter!)

Cheers,
Ex Kiwi
Old Nov 21st 2002, 3:35 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by ex kiwi
Santa ! Wake Up!.

1) NZ sent a "B" team because they don't give a rats arse about this end of year tour.

Cheers,
Ex Kiwi
Rats ass?

There are nine changes from the side that drew with France last weekend as New Zealand look to record their first win of the tour. We have got an eye on the immediate, which is Wales at the weekend, but we are also looking forward to next year and it was important that we looked at everyone on this particular tour," said Mitchell.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wales are a very big challenge, they are at home and they are a proud rugby nation."

John Mitchell

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We respect Wales so this is an exciting game

Taine Randandell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Zealander Sonny Parker has stated he will have no mixed emotions about representing Wales against the All Blacks if he is picked to face them.

The Wales centre is likely to retain his place for the game, after impressing in the recent autumn internationals.

The 25-year-old Pontypridd player has resided in Wales for three years making him eligible for his adopted country.

"I made the right choice coming to Wales and I haven't any regrets," said Parker.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S PB,
Although not a soccer fan myself... too slow for my liking, and yes it's no one sport in the world... don't know why though!! Motor sport is second, and rugby is third.
Anyway, Australian dosen't even qualify for the Soccer cup (I think they qualified only once ever in history... and got knocked out straight away... their women soccer team does better though... seems the Aussie women are better at a man's game than the Aussie man )

cheers

P.S.. mind you I may start watching the sport. (only joking... hate soccer!) ... Wales have just beat Italy a couple of weeks ago ... "the welsh must be on drugs or something!!" ... we're usually sh*t at soccer!

Last edited by Ceri; Nov 21st 2002 at 3:39 am.
Old Nov 21st 2002, 3:44 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Rats ass?

P.S PB,
Although not a soccer fan myself... too slow for my liking, and yes it's no one sport in the world... don't know why though!! Motor sport is second, and rugby is third.
Anyway, Australian dosen't even qualify for the Soccer cup (I think they qualified only once ever in history... and got knocked out straight away... their women soccer team does better though... seems the Aussie women are better at a man's game than the Aussie man )

cheers
You are always so right I will not disagree with you , I must admit to liking Rugby more than Soccer but follow both to my shame.
The one game the Aussies can not play at the top level is the World game , the round ball is beyond them.