Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fit and Healthy Kids?

Wikiposts

Fit and Healthy Kids?

Old Nov 17th 2002, 4:48 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ceri
Time will tell ... we've just played Canada (beat them of course) and Fiji (thrashed them of course)... All Blacks next week... "I'm hoping" ... but I do think the All Blacks will win... "Please God... wales to win " I'm hoping!!!

cheers

P.S... I've got it in for the Wallabies since they knocked Wales out in the last cup, in the quarters... dirty game!!!! Charvis was punched... it took two Aussies to hold him, and Kefu to punch (3 on 1)the last try was not a try .. grrr.
Anyway .. just to point out one more thing... Wales got to the same level as England in the last world cup. wales was knocked out by the Aussies, and I think England was knocked out by the All Blacks... both quarter final games. Ireland didn't get out of it's pool matches... knocked out straight away. Don't write off Wales too soon... we can play like Cr*p on a bad day, and play excellent on a good day.

The 6 nations come's to mind... not last one , 98 I think (can't remember the date now)... Wales beat England, stopping them from getting the Grand slam.. and Hence Scotland won the 6 nations... points diff. England were not happy chappies ... We beat them in extra time ... about 2 minutes to go.

cheers

Anyway I recon .. world cup 2003 , the Aussies will not be in the final this time. People have caught on to their dirty tactics
I do remember the 6 nations when Wales stopped us getting the Grand Slam , not very nice was it but saying that there have been some great Welsh Rugby players in the past and I would love it if any team from Great Britain won the World cup .
The Aussies at work today have been very humble for a nice change , give it until the second test starts Thursday, God do we have to play that silly game its a farce we could without.
The Millennium Stadium is one of the best in the World a fitting stage for your lads lets hope that the Red Dragon will rise again , good luck.

Old Nov 17th 2002, 4:55 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by pommie bastard
I do remember the 6 nations when Wales stopped us getting the Grand Slam , not very nice was it but saying that there have been some great Welsh Rugby players in the past and I would love it if any team from Great Britain won the World cup .
The Aussies at work today have been very humble for a nice change , give it until the second test starts Thursday, God do we have to play that silly game its a farce we could without.
The Millennium Stadium is one of the best in the World a fitting stage for your lads lets hope that the Red Dragon will rise again , good luck.

Cheers... same to you
I hope it will be any of us who get to the final.. wales, England, Scotland or Ireland... of course I want Wales to do the deed. But let's hope for a Brit team in the final.

P.S

I've got that match on tape... where Wales beat England ..." I love it"... very funny! My mum recorded it for me and sent it to me here.

It's a very worn, well played tape
Old Nov 17th 2002, 5:06 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers... same to you
I hope it will be any of us who get to the final.. wales, England, Scotland or Ireland... of course I want Wales to do the deed. But let's hope for a Brit team in the final.

P.S

I've got that match on tape... where Wales beat England ..." I love it"... very funny! My mum recorded it for me and sent it to me here.

It's a very worn, well played tape
Its great how every one loves to beat England no matter what the sport is , the thing with Rugby is that is a watched by Gentleman and played by Hooligans in Australias case watched by them too.
Most Brits will get behind any British team that makes the Final , got a feeling the Irish could do well they are playing out of their skin right now.
Old Nov 17th 2002, 5:12 pm

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of
Default Re: RE Lazy people

Originally posted by sydneyrose
You describe your brother in most unfortunate terms.

Have you considered that australians might have an opinion on whether your brother should be allowed to live in oz.
Not really, 'Australians' wanted him to stay here. The 'Australians' issued him with a working holiday visa and he was here for a year. He did some temp work for an architects practice (thats what he does, architect) and they were so impressed by his skills that he was offered sponsorship. He thought this particular Australian architects firm were a bunch of cowboys and he was actually quite shocked at some of their practices. Naturally he turned them down.
I guess you could say that my bro is English and loves his home and his people. Is there anything wrong with that? I don't think so.
Old Nov 17th 2002, 5:13 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

yip,

The thing I find with British Rugby... unlike soccer, there is no hooligans, no trouble in the stands, you can sit next to the opposition fan, it's friendly!. The fighting is on the pitch, not in the stands.

In Australia there has been Rugby hooligans.

cheers
Old Nov 17th 2002, 5:30 pm
sydneyrose

Originally posted by pommie bastard
You are very off right now Rose, not got anything to do with yet another great win for the England rugby side .

England 3 Aussies 0

England 32 - 31 Australia

Heaven forbid they ever suffer a boring home defeat, for England's supporters are presently being spoon-fed caviar for breakfast, lunch and tea.

Within the England dressing room, though, a 17th successive win on their own turf and a record third success in a row over Australia are not the statistics that matter most.

I do not follow rugby
But congratulations to England

Old Nov 17th 2002, 6:06 pm
Banned

I do not follow rugby
But congratulations to England
Very sporting of you Rose , good luck in the Ashes not that you need it.
Old Nov 17th 2002, 9:18 pm
sydneyrose

Originally posted by Herman
Not really, 'Australians' wanted him to stay here. The 'Australians' issued him with a working holiday visa and he was here for a year. He did some temp work for an architects practice (thats what he does, architect) and they were so impressed by his skills that he was offered sponsorship. He thought this particular Australian architects firm were a bunch of cowboys and he was actually quite shocked at some of their practices. Naturally he turned them down.
I guess you could say that my bro is English and loves his home and his people. Is there anything wrong with that? I don't think so.

I agree
I too, love my home and my people. And that includes the 25% of australians born elsewhere, many of whom are...gasp.....english.
But why does loving home and people mean you have to vacuously bad mouth another country and its people. And why do you unquestioningly report his bad mouthing of oz.
Oz is a most complex interweaving of cultures. We know pretty much all there is to know about why people migrate. And rather too much about the depths of human cruelty and why people have to flee their homes. Oz has accepted 6 million migrants since 1948. 600,000 of these are refugees. The Jewish, Cambodian, Vietnamese people here are mainly refugees. They have a particular need to find "a place in the sun" and I am not talking about leaving an english winter.
If this is what your brother calls "shite" then he wasted his year with us.

Old Nov 18th 2002, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

If you put all the sports together in Australia, you still would not come anywhere close to the amount of violence at the soccer games in UK. Now there is a bunch of hooligans!!!!!
Old Nov 18th 2002, 9:51 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

I agree
I too, love my home and my people. And that includes the 25% of australians born elsewhere, many of whom are...gasp.....english.
But why does loving home and people mean you have to vacuously bad mouth another country and its people. And why do you unquestioningly report his bad mouthing of oz.
Oz is a most complex interweaving of cultures. We know pretty much all there is to know about why people migrate. And rather too much about the depths of human cruelty and why people have to flee their homes. Oz has accepted 6 million migrants since 1948. 600,000 of these are refugees. The Jewish, Cambodian, Vietnamese people here are mainly refugees. They have a particular need to find "a place in the sun" and I am not talking about leaving an english winter.
If this is what your brother calls "shite" then he wasted his year with us.
Um, sense of humour required?
I'm not sure quite how the royal 'we' know so much about the depths of human cruelty or so much about why people migrate.
It must an agonising burden to transcend the world of everyday folk and maintain buoyancy when so heavily saturated with such a dense symposium of human anguish, truly you have my heartfelt sympathy.
Old Nov 18th 2002, 11:11 am
sydneyrose

Originally posted by Herman
Um, sense of humour required?
I'm not sure quite how the royal 'we' know so much about the depths of human cruelty or so much about why people migrate.
It must an agonising burden to transcend the world of everyday folk and maintain buoyancy when so heavily saturated with such a dense symposium of human anguish, truly you have my heartfelt sympathy.
sarcasm is not humour, herman

Old Nov 18th 2002, 12:24 pm
Banned

Originally posted by suebo
If you put all the sports together in Australia, you still would not come anywhere close to the amount of violence at the soccer games in UK. Now there is a bunch of hooligans!!!!!
Sorry Sue you are way out of touch I have seen more fights in Australia in the time I have been here , than 37 years in the UK traveling all over with my Football team.
Where people drink to excess and bake in the sun you will find short tempers and Australia has its far share of yobs .
Old Nov 18th 2002, 2:44 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by suebo
Sue, the hooligans you are talking about.. are actually English soccer thugs. I don't think Scotland, Ireland or Wales would like to be classed with them.

They are well organised thugs (almost like a radical political party), they get banned from leaving the country to watch matches in other countries... anyway the point is.. they are English soccer hooligans... not UK hooligans.

cheers
Old Nov 18th 2002, 3:20 pm
Banned

Sue, the hooligans you are talking about.. are actually English soccer thugs. I don't think Scotland, Ireland or Wales would like to be classed with them.

They are well organised thugs (almost like a radical political party), they get banned from leaving the country to watch matches in other countries... anyway the point is.. they are English soccer hooligans... not UK hooligans.

cheers
God give a dog a bad name there was no trouble at all from English fans in last World Cup a lot of the trouble aboard is started by the home fans who all love us and being English we know how to stick up for our selfs, the World Cup in France was a set up played in the worse City possible for English fans .
Old Nov 23rd 2002, 4:32 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

cheers
Hi Ceri,had to comment on this one-nowt personal.

The welsh hatred for the English is famous in the football world.Cardiff versus Leeds last year (I think) in the F.A cup was almost abandoned due to the racial hatred thrown at the black Leeds players.
A recent undercover investigator broadcast a program about the welsh hooligans & what they got up to-they travelled to English football games for the proverbial punch ups.
I also remember an England versus Ireland football match abandoned a couple of years back-whose fault,no-ones sure.
Celtic & Rangers matches have a sinister reputation,just to name one fixture.
My point is,yes England does have a hooligan reputation (unfair some might say),but the rest of the Isles are no angels.

BB-Dover Athletics boot boy brigadier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.