fishing tackle?

Old May 27th 2007, 1:25 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fishing tackle?

Originally Posted by lfc4eva
funny thing though, my son's goldfish died a few weeks ago and i nearly cried !
I do always try and preserve fish by putting them back straight away.
same as mate,ive never once worried about the fish in the batter...

ah well..such is life..

tight lines mate..

ast
Old May 27th 2007, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Hi Aston Man

My Hubbie is a keen Carp angler and whilst in Adelaide was appalled at the Fish being left on the bank to suffocate. (Although OH couldn't bash it over head either)

A bit of diplomacy was called for as i think the chinese guys fishing were about to be thrown back in by OH.

Carp in the river Torrens are classed as vermin and you are not allowed to throw back in. Unfortunately for the chinks my son accidently knocked the fish into the water ooooops .

OH is taking all gear has just been advised to clean down with J's fluid.

Jane
Old May 27th 2007, 1:51 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussiedreamer
Hi Aston Man

My Hubbie is a keen Carp angler and whilst in Adelaide was appalled at the Fish being left on the bank to suffocate. (Although OH couldn't bash it over head either)

A bit of diplomacy was called for as i think the chinese guys fishing were about to be thrown back in by OH.

Carp in the river Torrens are classed as vermin and you are not allowed to throw back in. Unfortunately for the chinks my son accidently knocked the fish into the water ooooops .

Jane
thanks i did it yesterday,jeez it stinks..not too bad though was done in an hour or so ,i sold all my poles on ebay,could of cried got sod all for em..

a little fishermans tip..i took all my bags to the local lauderette,,,got em like new,,
Old May 27th 2007, 5:12 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Aston Man

Jane
Jane carp are a Noxious pest in any river in Australia, and should not be returned to the river, your son risked a heavy fine by doing so, when in sombody elses country you should respect their laws.
The damage done to Australian rivers by these pests is beyond belief........mm
Attached Thumbnails fishing tackle?-house-boat-2006-march-050.jpg  
Old May 27th 2007, 5:19 pm
Banned

right so its a nock on the head for em then,what do they do?churn all the river bed up?

rules is rules and that will make me feel better if i have to do one in..
Old May 27th 2007, 5:26 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
right so its a nock on the head for em then,what do they do?churn all the river bed up?

rules is rules and that will make me feel better if i have to do one in..
I use a "spike" same thing the Tuna men use, looks like a stiletto or letter opener, you poke it in the back of the head between the gills kills them instantly, very handy if you have caught a large "flathead" which has poisonous spines behind its gills....................mm
Old May 27th 2007, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by aston man
what can you take and what not?

what about the cork handles.nets.

with thanks

ast

Just flogged ALL mine. Got £450.00 for it. You would not get change out of £2,000 to replace it.......................
Old May 27th 2007, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

skeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant future

Hi all. Moving out in December and we are staying at runaway bay with a jetty, is it ok to fish from the jetty do we need a permit or somthing and what type of fish would we be able to catch and is it ok to barbie all fish we catch.
Being very hopefull as we are down at the Norfolk coast England and dont catch a thing but have lots of fun throwing stones as not much else happening, ps its also bloody cold mates.

Looking forward to catching something even crabs lol.
Old May 28th 2007, 10:04 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lfc4eva
have you heard in certain areas you can get fined for returning carp . they are obviously classed as pests. apparently you can find rotting carcases on some river banks where the anglers have left them.
yes, think this varies from state to state. There was a competition in SE Queensland last weekend which was called the Carp cull, they are really classed as vermin here. I've not seen the carp on the bank thing, but I'd expect it as I've seen toadfish and jellyfish left on Shorncliffe pier, which I think is well out of order, talk about giving fishermen a bad name.

the whole limits on what to take, not to take and must kill is taken really seriously. I read somewhere (might have been Ausfish.com) about some guy who was jailed for taking female mud crabs.
Old May 28th 2007, 10:10 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by skeaty
Hi all. Moving out in December and we are staying at runaway bay with a jetty, is it ok to fish from the jetty do we need a permit or somthing and what type of fish would we be able to catch and is it ok to barbie all fish we catch.
Being very hopefull as we are down at the Norfolk coast England and dont catch a thing but have lots of fun throwing stones as not much else happening, ps its also bloody cold mates.

Looking forward to catching something even crabs lol.
No idea where Runway Bay is (and can't be bothered to look), but basically each state has laws about minimum and maximum sizes, and max numbers you can take, and it is enforced by DPI. I saw them checking some anglers catches on Sunday morning. There are some fish that are poisonous, and some that are just nasty tasting. Best thing would be to get a book from somewhere like KMart, I got one that is waterproof and small enough to keep in my tackle box.

About licenses, again depends from state to state, in QLD licenses are payable in lakes/reservoirs that have been stocked. Otherwise it's free. It can be pretty cheap too, a couple of dollars in a supermarket for one squid/calamari tube will last a session.
Old May 28th 2007, 10:34 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Aston Man
Carp in the river Torrens are classed as vermin and you are not allowed to throw back in. Unfortunately for the chinks my son accidently knocked the fish into the water
......and everyone wonders why racism never goes away, I hadnt realised we were back in 1970. :curse: