Reload this Page >

Fishing in Brisbane

Fishing in Brisbane

Old Apr 6th 2004, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Scott&Berni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fishing in Brisbane

Hi

Not really a forum thing but I'm after doing a fishing trip out of Brisbane when I'm up from Sydney over the easter break. does anyone know of any trip out of Brisbane. Can only find the ones out of Gold cost etc.

Please help....have visitors over from the uk....although we've only been here 3 months or so and nned to take them fishing!!!!!
Cheers
B

PS thought you might like to see the Swans woop Fremantle on Sunday's aussie rules piccies!!!!
Old Apr 7th 2004, 1:16 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Fishing in Brisbane

Originally posted by Scott&Berni
Hi

Not really a forum thing but I'm after doing a fishing trip out of Brisbane when I'm up from Sydney over the easter break. does anyone know of any trip out of Brisbane. Can only find the ones out of Gold cost etc.

Please help....have visitors over from the uk....although we've only been here 3 months or so and nned to take them fishing!!!!!
Cheers
B

PS thought you might like to see the Swans woop Fremantle on Sunday's aussie rules piccies!!!!

Most of the big/popular charters are based either in The Gold coast or Sunshine Coast way - depends what you want to catch - the Big Game charters are down the Gold coast way. That's why you are having trouble finding any in Brisbane - searches will bring up the GC and SC.

for your average fish:
there are a few that based south side ( Manly way) and North side - Redcliffe

This is based in Redcliffe - (Scarborough)
http://www.reeleasycharters.com.au/ ( know a few people who have tried this one - mixed reports on this one- the jury is still out)
A few more for you for the deadcliffe area http://www.redcliffe.qld.gov.au/memb...and%20Charters

There are a few businesses in Wynnum ( and in manly itself ) http://www.wynnummanly.com.au/custom...aqservices.php
just look up "fishing charters Wynnum" in a search engine for any more around that area.

or try this list http://www.ausfish.com.au/charters/chartersqld.html

or try joining this ( Below link) site and post your question on there - to get answers from people who have done various charters ,and will tell you if a particularcharter company is any good in their opinion . http://www.sportsfish.com.au/forum/f...ID=26&CAT_ID=7
Not all of these above charters may be any good - there are fishing charters ( mediocre) and there are fishing charters! So I suggest you post your question on the above link and see if anyone has personally tried any of these businesses.

Don't personally know if there are any that run out from central Brisbane itself - i.e. out from the Brissie river, most of the charters around Brisbane are located N.Brisbane in Redcliffe etc, and in Manly too.. ( then you have the GC and SC which the bulk of businesses are run from)

I can't personally recommend you one of the companies myself , I've never tried any of them as I own my own boat. But I do know that a few of them are very mediocre from friends ( not prepared to say which ones.. I may get into trouble)

cheers

P.S you may have trouble booking up a charter for the easter break , you may have left it a bit too late - things are normally booked solid weeks in advance.

Anyway good luck - you may find one that you're after in those lists I've provided
Old Apr 7th 2004, 1:24 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Try these (dont know how current they are, or what they are like, but worth trying)

A Aargonaut Charters
13 Tipuana Drive Capalaba Qld 4157
07 3245 1840

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anne's Sportfishing Charters
Grattan Terrace Wynnum Qld 4178
07 3396 2149

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barbarian Charters
Barton Road Hawthorne Qld 4171
07 3899 2451

Brisbane Fishing Charters
Lockleys Crescent Rochedale Qld 4123
07 3341 3099

Imagine Reef & Game Fishing Charters
26 Courageous Court Scarborough Qld 4020
07 3203 4823

In Focus Fishing Safaris
Newport Marina Griffith Road Scarborough Qld 4020
07 3888 3669

Just Fishing
464 South Pine Road Everton Park Qld 4053
07 3855 2511

Peninsula Reef Charters Qld
7 Norfolk Avenue Lanwton Qld 4501
07 3285 7540

South Pacific Cruises
86 Wynnum Road Norman Park Qld 4170
07 3899 1255

Tom Cat Charters
Raby Bay Marina Cleveland Qld 4163
07 3286 7677

Ceri might know more.

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Apr 7th 2004 at 1:28 am.
Old Apr 7th 2004, 1:27 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing in Brisbane

Originally posted by Ceri
Most of the big/popular charters are based either in The Gold coast or Sunshine Coast way - depends what you want to catch - the Big Game charters are down the Gold coast way. That's why you are having trouble finding any in Brisbane - searches will bring up the GC and SC.

for your average fish:
there are a few that based south side ( Manly way) and North side - Redcliffe

This is based in Redcliffe - (Scarborough)
http://www.reeleasycharters.com.au/ ( know a few people who have tried this one - mixed reports on this one- the jury is still out)
A few more for you for the deadcliffe area http://www.redcliffe.qld.gov.au/memb...and%20Charters

There are a few businesses in Wynnum ( and in manly itself ) http://www.wynnummanly.com.au/custom...aqservices.php
just look up "fishing charters Wynnum" in a search engine for any more around that area.

or try this list http://www.ausfish.com.au/charters/chartersqld.html

or try joining this ( Below link) site and post your question on there - to get answers from people who have done various charters ,and will tell you if a particularcharter company is any good in their opinion . http://www.sportsfish.com.au/forum/f...ID=26&CAT_ID=7
Not all of these above charters may be any good - there are fishing charters ( mediocre) and there are fishing charters! So I suggest you post your question on the above link and see if anyone has personally tried any of these businesses.

Don't personally know if there are any that run out from central Brisbane itself - i.e. out from the Brissie river, most of the charters around Brisbane are located N.Brisbane in Redcliffe etc, and in Manly too.. ( then you have the GC and SC which the bulk of businesses are run from)

I can't personally recommend you one of the companies myself , I've never tried any of them as I own my own boat. But I do know that a few of them are very mediocre from friends ( not prepared to say which ones.. I may get into trouble)

cheers

P.S you may have trouble booking up a charter for the easter break , you may have left it a bit too late - things are normally booked solid weeks in advance.

Anyway good luck - you may find one that you're after in those lists I've provided
ha, you beat me, there you go
Old Apr 7th 2004, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Scott&Berni is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers guys I'll get phoning.

OOPs piccies didn't work. never mind, try another day.
Cheers
again
B