Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fishing in and around Brisbane

Fishing in and around Brisbane

Old Jan 12th 2009, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road
Default Fishing in and around Brisbane

Right been here for over a year now and i've taken up fishing. Now i never fished back home so i've muddled away and caught a couple of right ugly fish.

My question is this where are the decent fishing spots around Brissie. I've only ever been fishing at Wellington Point and had little (read no) success.

Any helpers out there willing to part with some info for a newbie fisherman???
Old Jan 12th 2009, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

SBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really nice
Default Re: Fishing in and around Brisbane

Try the Dams matey... not to sure of the details down you're end ?? but good Bass..Saratoga..Mangrove Jack.. and Bara fishing up this way at Barumba and Lake Macdonald also a Big Barra Farm at Bli Bli worth a dip and just the price of a day ticket at the dams I think??
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:04 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing in and around Brisbane

Originally Posted by wullieb1
Right been here for over a year now and i've taken up fishing. Now i never fished back home so i've muddled away and caught a couple of right ugly fish.

My question is this where are the decent fishing spots around Brissie. I've only ever been fishing at Wellington Point and had little (read no) success.

Any helpers out there willing to part with some info for a newbie fisherman???
Anywhere on the river.

You can catch bream, Flathead, Threadfin salmon, Bullsharks, estuary cod etc.etc.

Right in the middle of town will do.

read this site dedicated to fishing in Brisbane

http://www.brisbanefishing.com.au/

G