Reload this Page >

The fish have gone!

Wikiposts

The fish have gone!

Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The fish have gone!

Half an hr ago, a friend came round and took our fish from their small and cosy garden pond to his huge lake.

Our buyers didn't want them and said they would flush them down the loo, so being responsible fish owners we rehomed them.

Can't feel too sad about fish I have to say, but am not looking forward to the gineau pigs going
Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:34 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: The fish have gone!

Originally posted by suffolkdiva
Half an hr ago, a friend came round and took our fish from their small and cosy garden pond to his huge lake.

Our buyers didn't want them and said they would flush them down the loo, so being responsible fish owners we rehomed them.

Can't feel too sad about fish I have to say, but am not looking forward to the gineau pigs going
The only thing living we will be leaving is my wifes part live/part dead frankinstein of a bonsai tree. Quite frankly (don't tell the wife) i'll be glad to see that back of the ugly poor excuse of a tree!
Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:36 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by suffolkdiva

How did you get them out we have 30 to catch and give to the 'buyer' next week my fish are very shy and only come up for food and now they don't even want that as it is getting cold.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:38 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by yafm
How did you get them out we have 30 to catch and give to the 'buyer' next week my fish are very shy and only come up for food and now they don't even want that as it is getting cold.
Either a big net that spans the pool, or drain the water.

If you have a large pool or alot of fish (and ur unsure of how many), its the only way.

Pete.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

Had to lie on our bellies, each with a net, coaxing them into the other's net.

Must have looked very funny and wasn,t helped by the kids trying to push us in!!
Old Sep 26th 2003, 5:26 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

The mind boggles !!! I hope we get a reasonably warm day when they want me to catch ours and AFTER our party as I will be busy cooking Whose a brave girl them we are having a goodbye party before we have exchanged!!!!!!! :scared:
Old Sep 26th 2003, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PeteY
The only thing living we will be leaving is my wifes part live/part dead frankinstein of a bonsai tree. Quite frankly (don't tell the wife) i'll be glad to see that back of the ugly poor excuse of a tree!

pete

des has got this triffid of a plant a mix between banana and umbrella plant, i have been trying to kill it off for years but it keeps thriving and growing

he's finally admitted its got to go

shame really i'm gutted

arlene
Old Sep 26th 2003, 8:48 am
A Male Member

Originally posted by arlene
pete

des has got this triffid of a plant a mix between banana and umbrella plant, i have been trying to kill it off for years but it keeps thriving and growing

he's finally admitted its got to go

shame really i'm gutted

arlene
lol

Nice to know i am not the only one with a partner who has a stange love of dodgy looking plants !
Old Sep 26th 2003, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Had to part with our poor dog today absolutley gutted ,but did it while kids were at school to lessen the blow to them Lots of tears when they came home from school/work).Tip for catching the fish dress up as a heron as they always seem to do quite well around here Combine your leaving party with a fish catching do,should make for a memorable party,prizes for catching the most etc.Prizes must involve drink of course,consumed in copious amounts after the fish have been caught obviously(Don't need a knock from R.S.P.C.A at this point)

Disclaimer.no animals/creatures were hurt during the making of this thread.or plants of course I think my mrs has tried to replace Brazilian rainforest in our house over the last decade,
cant wait to see the back of them

Last edited by chris hogan; Sep 26th 2003 at 9:09 am.