Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

first xmas in oz

first xmas in oz

Old Nov 14th 2006, 2:03 am
sullysdownunder

wayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to behold
Smile first xmas in oz

Hi ya yep its our first xmas and we want to make it real fun and exciting .
it will be the first time without the family around us so i know it will also be upsetting.

what are you guys doing ....any ideas would be good

cheers
Old Nov 14th 2006, 2:15 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: first xmas in oz

My christmas will be spent being tortured slowly by my OH's family in Adelaide, again.

Ideas for christmas:
1. Drink lots
2. Eats lot
3. Loll around with a fat belly
4. Whinge about rubbish presents
5. Try to humiliate granny while she's asleep
Old Nov 14th 2006, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wayne/kerrie
it will be the first time without the family around us so i know it will also be upsetting.

cheers
Well enjoy it!
just dont do what we did and put chocolates on the tree , in the conservatory, in the heat, oopppsss
Old Nov 14th 2006, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wayne/kerrie

cheers
Hi guys,

same here, the first xmas without my family although hubby's mom is coming over 2nd Dec for 7 weeks!!!! :scared: :scared:

We shall just spend it cooking and drinking and most of all, in the pool!!!

Gotta start stocking up now on beer for MIL who drinks like a fish and eats like a horse so going to be quite costly too.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The S's
Hi guys,

same here, the first xmas without my family although hubby's mom is coming over 2nd Dec for 7 weeks!!!! :scared: :scared:

We shall just spend it cooking and drinking and most of all, in the pool!!!

Gotta start stocking up now on beer for MIL who drinks like a fish and eats like a horse so going to be quite costly too.
Oh you poor lass having your MIL over at Xmas.
Hows Forest Lakes? Ian & Sharon are looking at that area as one of their choices.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rascal
Oh you poor lass having your MIL over at Xmas.
Hows Forest Lakes? Ian & Sharon are looking at that area as one of their choices.
It's okay Ras, only renting at the moment moving out next Monday (3rd move in 4 months!!!). We would'nt consider buying in Forest Lakes, although its okay, just not for us, very, very built up, a big estate with not much room in our opinion, houses very close to each other just like we how we were in the UK, so we want more space so we've bought acerage up in Karalee about 25 mins from here and its a beautiful area, all around there really, Karana Downs, Mount Crosby, Balleran Point, Chuwar theres loads of lovely areas with lots of space and not too far away. Hubby will still be working in Wacol when we move, but he's okay with the extra mileage, We're from Birmingham so used to travelling bigger distances to work there.

So all in all its okay, a bit too plasticy for us but great for amenities if its important to have everything on your doorstep.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

It's okay Ras, only renting at the moment moving out next Monday (3rd move in 4 months!!!). We would'nt consider buying in Forest Lakes, although its okay, just not for us, very, very built up, a big estate with not much room in our opinion, houses very close to each other just like we how we were in the UK, so we want more space so we've bought acerage up in Karalee about 25 mins from here and its a beautiful area, all around there really, Karana Downs, Mount Crosby, Balleran Point, Chuwar theres loads of lovely areas with lots of space and not too far away. Hubby will still be working in Wacol when we move, but he's okay with the extra mileage, We're from Birmingham so used to travelling bigger distances to work there.

So all in all its okay, a bit too plasticy for us but great for amenities if its important to have everything on your doorstep.
Oh so Forest Lakes is a no go eh? We currently live near Hamilton city, 5 mins away in fact but right on the doorstep of the countryside. Amazing views. I would like to find that in Brissy if I can.
I would want to be kind of rural but within easy distance of shops.
This is why we love the spot we live in so much here in NZ but the work (construction) does not rock Mr R's boat. No challenge to it and it bores him.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh so Forest Lakes is a no go eh? We currently live near Hamilton city, 5 mins away in fact but right on the doorstep of the countryside. Amazing views. I would like to find that in Brissy if I can.
I would want to be kind of rural but within easy distance of shops.
This is why we love the spot we live in so much here in NZ but the work (construction) does not rock Mr R's boat. No challenge to it and it bores him.
Where we're heading to Karalee theres a great group of shops, where you can get anything, plus a big woolies too and thats only few minutes away or I can take a leisurely drive to the nearest town so got the best of both I suppose. Ian and Sharon may like it here, not saying its a complete no go I just felt we needed a bit more space for now. Rascal there are some lovely places around with amazing views that what we wanted and got, you just gotta go looking around, visiting places you've never heard of rather than sticking to all the places you know.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Where we're heading to Karalee theres a great group of shops, where you can get anything, plus a big woolies too and thats only few minutes away or I can take a leisurely drive to the nearest town so got the best of both I suppose. Ian and Sharon may like it here, not saying its a complete no go I just felt we needed a bit more space for now. Rascal there are some lovely places around with amazing views that what we wanted and got, you just gotta go looking around, visiting places you've never heard of rather than sticking to all the places you know.
Yes, we loved Brissy when we were there last year and had a few drives but the names now mean nothing. I think you just gotta get there first, and then get the feel for the right place haven't you?
We did that here in NZ, been on holiday 4 times before here but when it came to live, totally different story!
We felt at ease with this area of Hamilton, just outside the city but on the edge of the open countryside. It is perfect spot. I just wished I could pick it all up and take it with me to OZ!
But I am sure, when it all happens, we will find that perfect spot again.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 4:24 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

We had our first xmas here last year and I can honestly say it was the most stress free xmas we've ever had!!!! There was no one to have to wait on hand and foot and keep topped up with drinks etc, we ate when we wanted to and spent all day with the kids!! Enjoy it for what it is ...... your first Xmas in Oz!!!

Lorraine
Old Nov 14th 2006, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

hubby's mom is coming over 2nd Dec for 7 weeks!!!! :scared: :scared:
NOooooooooo!!!! :scared: Tell her you've moved! Don't give her the address! We've just got rid of my hubby's mum - seven nightmarish, hellish, never AGAIN to be repeated weeks - she also ate and drank us out of house and home...we are out of pocket to the tune of $1000...plus shes an absolute pain in the arse...she loves her little mind games...freaky weirdo... :scared:

Still, I can't wait to give her her xmas pressie down the phone on xmas day...what is it? the great news that she will NEVER be stopping with us EVER again and if she wants to come over and see her grandkids, she'll have to put herself up in a hotel!

Ahh! Merry xmas all!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to mention, xmas day, we'll be swimming in the pool, eating seafood and nibblies for lunch and a full on xmas turkey dinner in the evening (which I'll be cooking in the air-con!!! ). Might have a little drink or two aswell!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steandleigh
NOooooooooo!!!! :scared: Tell her you've moved! Don't give her the address! We've just got rid of my hubby's mum - seven nightmarish, hellish, never AGAIN to be repeated weeks - she also ate and drank us out of house and home...we are out of pocket to the tune of $1000...plus shes an absolute pain in the arse...she loves her little mind games...freaky weirdo... :scared:

Still, I can't wait to give her her xmas pressie down the phone on xmas day...what is it? the great news that she will NEVER be stopping with us EVER again and if she wants to come over and see her grandkids, she'll have to put herself up in a hotel!

Ahh! Merry xmas all!
OMG, she sounds like my MIL!
When we moved to NZ in 2002, my MIL had made her mind up that she was going to spend 6 MONTHS with us in Jan 03!! Didn't tell me, I only found out before it was about to happen! Then she had a bad fall, ended up in hospital and now cannot fly at all.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Then she had a bad fall, ended up in hospital and now cannot fly at all.
Ah, what an awful, really awful shame...still, you can borrow mine if you really want to!!! :scared:
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Ah, what an awful, really awful shame...still, you can borrow mine if you really want to!!! :scared:
Thnaks but no Thanks!
She makes up for it with constant phone calls saying how upset she is gets all emotional and pulls all the right strings to get Mr R upset!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.