Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First visitors.......

First visitors.......

Old Jul 17th 2005, 8:02 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default First visitors.......

Within a week of us booking our flights my best friend had booked her ticket to join us over Christmas. Then 2 weeks later my Mum and Stepdad told us they would be coming over on 1st November.

Don't get me wrong - I am over the moon that we will be getting visitors so soon but we don't even leave the country until 27 August and don't arrive in Australia until 13 September!

I didn't really expect two lots of visitors in our first year, let alone our first 3 months!

Do you know who your first visitors will be?

Binbird (bored on a hot Sunday evening)
Old Jul 17th 2005, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First visitors.......

Originally Posted by binbird
Within a week of us booking our flights my best friend had booked her ticket to join us over Christmas. Then 2 weeks later my Mum and Stepdad told us they would be coming over on 1st November.

Don't get me wrong - I am over the moon that we will be getting visitors so soon but we don't even leave the country until 27 August and don't arrive in Australia until 13 September!

I didn't really expect two lots of visitors in our first year, let alone our first 3 months!

Hiya

Got some friends in Perth has had the same happen to her, I know what you mean though..think I`d want a little time to ourselves at first. We have had alot of people saying they want to come over early next year.

All the best

Sue x
Old Jul 17th 2005, 8:10 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

We're heading off this week and we have the following booked in ():

Mate and girlfriend (though her folks are from Gold Coast so they probably won't actually stay with us).
Possibly my mother at Christmas.
In-laws in Feb / March
Mate in May

I can't believe actually that we have so many 'bookings' already but it's all good. I think you better get a move on getting a place with a spare room sorted! We have a bit more time.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Hi Binbird

I am hoping it will be my son to celebrate his 21st!! oh and some of his mates i should think.

They aren't giving you long to get settled, my sister had originally said she would come over at Christmas but won't be there till oct/nov so who knows.

Are your plans going ok ours are a bit behind only just sold the house.

Chris
Old Jul 17th 2005, 8:14 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Hi Binbird

I am hoping it will be my son to celebrate his 21st!! oh and some of his mates i should think.

They aren't giving you long to get settled, my sister had originally said she would come over at Christmas but won't be there till oct/nov so who knows.

Are your plans going ok ours are a bit behind only just sold the house.

Chris
Haven't chatted for a long time Chris - will send you a pm......

Binbird
Old Jul 17th 2005, 8:17 pm
Merlot

Also bored on hot summers night, I should be doing the VAT books though, equally as boring.

I found visitors both a blessing and completely knackering, especially when I was working full time.

I have also been guilty of fobbing off a girl I used to work with many years ago. She contacted me out of the blue, said she was over for a 12 month working holiday and would like to stay with us for 3 months then use us as base for the rest of the time - bloody cheek. My husband did not know her from Adam and I aonly knew her through work, not that close.

So beware

M