British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   First Visit!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/first-visit-393730/)

patricia Aug 30th 2006 8:35 pm

First Visit!!!

Hi
My daughter and family moved to Perth in Feb this year. We are planning a visit for Feb 2007. As it will be our 40th wedding aniversary we are thinking of doing a stop over on the way back. So we could really do with some ideas from you guys also any tips on where to look for cheap flights etc. Also last of all car hire it is best to use airport or local??? Thanks :)

suzimc Aug 30th 2006 9:47 pm

Re: First Visit!!!

Originally Posted by patricia
Hi
My daughter and family moved to Perth in Feb this year. We are planning a visit for Feb 2007. As it will be our 40th wedding aniversary we are thinking of doing a stop over on the way back. So we could really do with some ideas from you guys also any tips on where to look for cheap flights etc. Also last of all car hire it is best to use airport or local??? Thanks :)

Hi,

Congrats on the wedding anniversary for a start, even if it is a bit early!

As far as a stopover - I would highly recommend Singapore, we stayed for 3 days and loved it, I wish we'd had a couple more days in reflection.

Cheap flights, try any of the following:
www.airline-network.co.uk
www.asda-travel.co.uk
www.austravel.com
www.cheaptickets.com
www.expedia.co.uk
www.ebookers.com
www.flightcentre.co.uk
www.leestravel.com
www.octopustravel.com
www.opodo.co.uk
www.questtravel.com
www.trailfinders.com
www.travelbag.co.uk
www.travelmood.com
www.travelsupermarket.co.uk

Have fun!
Suzi

moneypenny20 Aug 31st 2006 12:31 am

Hi

Congrats on the 40th :D If you can, I would get the hire car from a local place. The ones at the airport sometimes add loading for the privilege of getting the car there.

Would agree about Singapore - fantastic place. Even the airport is worth hanging out at for a few hours :D

patricia Sep 1st 2006 10:12 pm

Hi

thanks for the advice we are looking up the websites you suggested. Thanks for your help. :)

patricia Sep 26th 2006 8:34 pm

Hi
Just to let you know that we have booked our flights for jan 2007. We are flying into Perth but on the return we are flying to Sydney first for 3/4 days. thanks for your help. Any suggestions as to cost of internal flights and hotels in sydney would be much appreciated. Patricia :)

Clippy Sep 26th 2006 8:36 pm

Hi

Hi Patricia, just wanted to say if you're going to Perth I can highly reccommend a book on Perth - it's the Lonely Planet guide and I found it invaluable on our reccie, it tells you where to go where to eat where to sleep, gives you opening times on places and rough costs too. It was my bible I can tell you! I didn't put it down!

Kath x

Poppy Sep 26th 2006 8:50 pm

Congratulations for 40th Anniversary, hope you have a good trip.

Patricia, when we did our reccie, I booked internal flights before we left. I checked prices out with both Virgin Blue and Quantas which I haven't got links for now, but if you do a search, they will come up and then that will give you the prices. They are very reasonable, not sure about Perth to Syndey and can't remember our fares, but I know I was impressed!

All the best

Whitby Wanderers Sep 26th 2006 10:08 pm

Hi
Just to let you know that we have booked our flights for jan 2007. We are flying into Perth but on the return we are flying to Sydney first for 3/4 days. thanks for your help. Any suggestions as to cost of internal flights and hotels in sydney would be much appreciated. Patricia :)

Try www.webjet.com.au for filghts and hotels.

Simon

geordie mandy Sep 26th 2006 10:18 pm

Hi

try REX their website is www.regionalexpress.com.au
May get some cheap regional flights from them
Mandy