First Timer...

Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

godfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud of
Unhappy First Timer...

Hi all, thought I would introduce myself and this seemed a good place to start!!

We (me, hubbie and 3 children) are at the start of applying to emigrate to Australia, we have submitted the TRA but have just found out that it has been rejected for lack of information, so we are now trying to gather more info and evidence to send, my husband is a head chef.

Anyone else out there been rejected at this first point??!! Any advice would be welcomed!!

Sara x
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

deci will become famous soon enoughdeci will become famous soon enough
Default Re: First Timer...

Originally Posted by godfrey family-lets go!
Hi all, thought I would introduce myself and this seemed a good place to start!!

We (me, hubbie and 3 children) are at the start of applying to emigrate to Australia, we have submitted the TRA but have just found out that it has been rejected for lack of information, so we are now trying to gather more info and evidence to send, my husband is a head chef.

Anyone else out there been rejected at this first point??!! Any advice would be welcomed!!

Sara x
Hi Sara, Just wanted to welcome you to the site.

Hope someone out there will be able to help you. Good Luck

Linda
Old Aug 25th 2006, 11:48 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Sara x

Hi,

Not great news for you guys. Really sorry to here that. Have you tried posting in the Oz immigration forum here on BE. There are a few whoe may have been through what you're going through. Might be worth a try.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 26th 2006, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Sara x

Hi Sara,

Welcome to BE. Really sorry to hear about your TRA application, it's a real nightmare isn't it.

There are quite a few people who fail first time, but with a bit of perserverance they have nearly all managed to get that Yes from the TRA.

You need to make sure you have lots of info for the TRA, some people liken it to telling a five year old how to do your job.

Did you use an agent?, it may be worth while employing one to assist you with the TRA part if not, I know we'd have failed ours first time without one.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Hello and welcome. With regard to the TRA as Wendy has said you can not give them to much info. Good luck
Old Aug 26th 2006, 1:17 am
Tra second timer

koonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud of

Hi First Timer from a second timer! We were knocked back on our first application and are in the process of sending off a new one so feel free to Pm me for any info at all! Basically we did not provide enough info relating to OH apprenticeship which was informal and on site, I'm sure had we had an agent we would have been told this! We are still going it alone but if we get knocked back again might change our minds. Stick with it..it's very easy to let a set back like that sway your thoughts.

Di
Old Aug 26th 2006, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya

Theres quite a few on here that passed tra 2nd time some even 3rd time!!!
Keep at it!!
We used an agent.
Do a search and see what you come up with on here theres a few highly recommended with excellent pass rates

Good Luck!!!!
Old Aug 26th 2006, 8:46 am
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold

Sara x
Hi Sara,
my husband failed his TRA first time after trying to do it without an agent. We were devastated at first, thought that was the end, especially as he put so much effort into it. Second time we used an agent and had no problems, its surprising the amount of info you have to send isn't it?
Dont worry too much, many have failed TRA first time, you will get it
Best of luck, keep us informed how you get on, fingers crossed for you,
Angie and Martin.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

As many have already said, it really is worth using an agent, even if it just to get you over the first hurdle!!!

All the very best and welcome to the site!!
Old Aug 26th 2006, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

godfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud ofgodfrey family-lets go! has much to be proud of
Smile Re: First Timer...

Thank you all so much for all your comments, I thought we were numpties failing but sounds quite common, we have enrolled the help of an agent now so hopefully this will be money well spent!!

Just wanted to say this site is fab-I am totally addicted and love looking at all the comments, it is so informative!

Thanks again for making me feel welcome as I was a bit nervous as never posted anything before!!

Sara x
Old Aug 26th 2006, 1:32 pm
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold

Thank you all so much for all your comments, I thought we were numpties failing but sounds quite common, we have enrolled the help of an agent now so hopefully this will be money well spent!!

Just wanted to say this site is fab-I am totally addicted and love looking at all the comments, it is so informative!

Thanks again for making me feel welcome as I was a bit nervous as never posted anything before!!

Sara x
Sure it will be money well spent, it was for us, we should be heading for Oz in September
All the best, Angie
Old Aug 26th 2006, 2:29 pm
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

Sara x
I would recomend you dont rush into getting an agent, your husband has a trade so you need to put down onto paper what his training consited of and where he has been working and what his job involved and what his daily task are and were at these jobs.
Think Wendy said its like telling your 5 year old. But you need to put effort into this part. The actually application for a visa is nothing. It is the TRA that needs the effort. Others who got an agent might say different but i cannot imagine how an agent could fill out your TRA for you. They will not know what training your husband did. They will only go over what you have written down.
Give the TRA all the training your husband did. Give all dates. Give all contacts from the employers. Facts and figures is what they require.

Best of luck and let me know if you need any help
Old Aug 27th 2006, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

hindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nice

Hi
We used an agent and failed our TRA. We have just sent our 2nd attempt off, so fingers crossed.
Just because you used an agent it doesn't mean you will pass.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hindon
Hi
We used an agent and failed our TRA. We have just sent our 2nd attempt off, so fingers crossed.
Just because you used an agent it doesn't mean you will pass.

Did you ask for a refund, I would have !!
Old Aug 28th 2006, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

hindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nice

Originally Posted by WendyC
Did you ask for a refund, I would have !!
No i have just paid again for an appeal.
Desperate to get to OZ so you do anything don't you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.