Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First Time Owner Grant Help - Brisbane

First Time Owner Grant Help - Brisbane

Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:24 am
PeterC

PeterC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First Time Owner Grant Help - Brisbane

We are nearing construction of our house in Samford finally......!
The builder has reached lock-up stage and reckons that it is likely for occupancy during mid September-ish.

As part of the application procedure for first time owner grant we need to get a copy of an "inspection summary or local authority final inspection report which indicates that it is fit for occupancy."

Anyone know who supplies this....?

Grateful for any help.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Time Owner Grant Help - Brisbane

Originally Posted by PeterC
The builder has reached lock-up stage and reckons that it is likely for occupancy during mid September-ish.

As part of the application procedure for first time owner grant we need to get a copy of an "inspection summary or local authority final inspection report which indicates that it is fit for occupancy."

Grateful for any help.
Hi there

I suspect that your local Council will need to do a final inspection before handover to confirm it’s fit for occupancy, which your builder will arrange, and thereafter, provide a final inspection report.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 1:15 am
PeterC

Originally Posted by sassie
Hi there

I suspect that your local Council will need to do a final inspection before handover to confirm it’s fit for occupancy, which your builder will arrange, and thereafter, provide a final inspection report.
Thanks - I was worried that might be the case.
I've been on to the Pine Rivers Council website and from what I can make of it suggest for them to do an inspection it will cost us a mere $545 :scared:
for their service.

IHope I'm wrong!!
Old Aug 4th 2006, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Grateful for any help.
your final inspection cert and plumbing final will be issued by the council or certification board the builder has lodged the approval with. The builder then supplies it to you, if you read the small print of your contract it will probably say you need this prior to handing over the final payment.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 1:34 am
PeterC

Originally Posted by jad n rich
your final inspection cert and plumbing final will be issued by the council or certification board the builder has lodged the approval with. The builder then supplies it to you, if you read the small print of your contract it will probably say you need this prior to handing over the final payment.
Many thanks.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 5:09 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks.

I applied for the home owners grant along with my mortgage, so as soon as my mortgage was released my grant got paid into it