Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First time Mum-to-be in Brisbane

First time Mum-to-be in Brisbane

Old Aug 19th 2008, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future
Default First time Mum-to-be in Brisbane

Hello All, I am due to have my first baby in November and doing it in Oz without the normal support of long term girlfriends and female family members is a bit daunting. Other half is fantastic but it would be nice to chat to some of you girls who are going through a similar experience. Is there anyone out there who is in the same boat and would like to meet up?
Old Aug 19th 2008, 7:39 am
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: First time Mum-to-be in Brisbane

Where abouts in Brissy are you?
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

Hi we are moving to Brisbane quite soon , we do already have two children they are 2 and 8 (have been toying with the idea for no3) but love to be of help and a chat as we wont know anyone there too.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 10:20 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

My wife had all 3 of ours over here (I watched ).

Originally Posted by tonik25
Hello All, I am due to have my first baby in November and doing it in Oz without the normal support of long term girlfriends and female family members is a bit daunting. Other half is fantastic but it would be nice to chat to some of you girls who are going through a similar experience. Is there anyone out there who is in the same boat and would like to meet up?
Old Aug 20th 2008, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dave7370
Where abouts in Brissy are you?
Living in the Western Suburbs - Kenmore area and working in the CBD so can do either for a meet. Have car, will travel so can I can get to somewhere else if there are other poeple in different areas.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 1:42 am
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

I am in Sydney, so can't be of direct help, but I will nevertheless stick my oar in!

I had my lad when I was distant from friends and family - I found 'The New Contented Little Baby Book' by Gina Ford to be invaluable. It was almost like having ma/grandma standing behind me telling me what baby needed.

And don't forget, you might actually be better off being in Aus - in the wee small hours when baby is awake and you feel like you're the only person left alive in the world, you can call your family back in Blighty because they'll be in their afternoon!! If you were in the same place they might not welcome that 3am call!!!

Good Luck!
Old Aug 20th 2008, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 22B
I am in Sydney, so can't be of direct help, but I will nevertheless stick my oar in!

I had my lad when I was distant from friends and family - I found 'The New Contented Little Baby Book' by Gina Ford to be invaluable. It was almost like having ma/grandma standing behind me telling me what baby needed.

And don't forget, you might actually be better off being in Aus - in the wee small hours when baby is awake and you feel like you're the only person left alive in the world, you can call your family back in Blighty because they'll be in their afternoon!! If you were in the same place they might not welcome that 3am call!!!

Good Luck!
Hey, thanks for the book recommendation I will definitely check it out. I never thought about all the people I can contact in the middle of the night, thanks for the tip!
Old Aug 21st 2008, 12:39 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Hi

I have a 3 yr old and I am 35wks pregnant so about to give birth in Brisbane.

I am going to be in Wavell Heights and also have a car and can travel. I am not working as on maternity leave from the UK.

I would be up for catching up

I will PM my contact details

Jo
Old Aug 21st 2008, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joh117
Hi

I have a 3 yr old and I am 35wks pregnant so about to give birth in Brisbane.

I am going to be in Wavell Heights and also have a car and can travel. I am not working as on maternity leave from the UK.

I would be up for catching up

I will PM my contact details

Jo
Thanks for the PM, have just sent a message back.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 11:32 am
No longer waiting!

Cannot wait is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
I have a 2 and 31/2 year old and live in Chapel Hill, so not too far from you! Not pregnant but if you'd like to meet up with someone locally let me know. We've been here for 15 months now. I work full time so fairly hectic but loving it so far. I'll PM my contact details if you want to meet - though probably would have to be on a weekend.
Hope everything is going well so far,
Emma
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

liannems is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Know how that feels although I have 2 year old but had her back in the UK. Cian is almost 5 months old but it has been like having a new born all over again as he is totally different to his sister. It's hard having no family and really close friends near by! Hubby is great but we have been here since April 2007 and find it hard to meet new people when we arrived with a 10 month old. Live in Auchenflower so if interested in meeting let me know.
Lianne
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

kissfritz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there I started a meet up for new and expecting parents back in March when I was preggy and knew nobody else who was (and I knew nothing about babies!!). We just met up and had coffee and a bit of a laugh and a chat every few weeks - it was great to be able to share the experience a bit and pick up info etc. I've had my daughter now and so has one of the other girls and a couple of new people have joined who are preggy. We meet in Bulimba at the mo - It's just really nice and my biggest aim is to keep it easy, friendly and not at all cliquey. Feel free to PM me if you fancy coming to the next catch up (which will prob be early Oct). Cheers Chrissie
Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:39 am
HEL
EEN

HEL is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there!

Hope you dont mind me adding to this. Im also keen to meet other mums - i now have a 5 week old baby girl (she arrived 3 wks early) and would love to chat to others in a similar situation. I live in Ipswich but know Bulimba well as i used to live in Hawthorne- loved the place. There is another mums meet (Southbank) which i missed as i got the date wrong - thought it was next week - damn!

Hope to catch up with you all.

Helen
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:15 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HEL
Hi there!

Hope you dont mind me adding to this. Im also keen to meet other mums - i now have a 5 week old baby girl (she arrived 3 wks early) and would love to chat to others in a similar situation. I live in Ipswich but know Bulimba well as i used to live in Hawthorne- loved the place. There is another mums meet (Southbank) which i missed as i got the date wrong - thought it was next week - damn!

Hope to catch up with you all.

Helen
Helen

Most of the girls chatting in this thread are part of the southbank meet. We intend to meet every friday venue may alter but the first meet was a great success and the more the merrier.

Look forward to meeting you

Jo
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kissfritz
Hi there I started a meet up for new and expecting parents back in March when I was preggy and knew nobody else who was (and I knew nothing about babies!!). We just met up and had coffee and a bit of a laugh and a chat every few weeks - it was great to be able to share the experience a bit and pick up info etc. I've had my daughter now and so has one of the other girls and a couple of new people have joined who are preggy. We meet in Bulimba at the mo - It's just really nice and my biggest aim is to keep it easy, friendly and not at all cliquey. Feel free to PM me if you fancy coming to the next catch up (which will prob be early Oct). Cheers Chrissie
Hi Chrissie, thanks for the message, I have pm'd you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.