First time buyers grant

First time buyers grant

Old May 25th 2009, 12:26 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: First time buyers grant

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Unless it's in Queensland.

I believe that the QLD state treasury apply an 'Anywhere' i.e. worldwide - clause to the eligibility criteria, where other states and territories only apply an 'in Australia' clause.

So if you have owned a property in the UK, you would be ineligible for first homeowner benefits in QLD, but still be eligible in any other state or territory.

This may have changed since it was last discussed, so it's probably worth checking.

S
Don't know if I may be misunderstanding your post, but in Qld we got the FHOG in spite of owning a house in the UK. it only relates to houses in Aus.
However, stamp duty is a different matter, if you have owned a house anywhere in the world, you will not receive a stamp duty concession in Qld
Old May 25th 2009, 12:30 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Don't know if I may be misunderstanding your post, but in Qld we got the FHOG in spite of owning a house in the UK. it only relates to houses in Aus.
However, stamp duty is a different matter, if you have owned a house anywhere in the world, you will not receive a stamp duty concession in Qld

Yes, I had confused the two. See my previous post.

S
Old May 25th 2009, 12:34 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I had confused the two. See my previous post.

S
LOL I'm easily confused at the best of times!
Old May 25th 2009, 12:35 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
LOL I'm easily confused at the best of times!

Me too it would appear!

S
Old May 25th 2009, 2:25 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Stamp duty is cheap in Qld anyway. So no biggie.
Old May 25th 2009, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulry
Only 6 months? One strategy that we're thinking of is buying an apartment for cash, living in it for up to a year and then getting a mortgage and buying a house - at which point we would let the apartment out. Would this eliminate us from eligibility for the first time buyers grant on the apartment?
Note that if you move out within the first 12 months, your transfer duty concession will be reassessed proportionate to the amount of time you lived in the home.

This of course is only applicable if this is your first home purchase anywhere and not just QLD.
Old May 25th 2009, 5:23 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for all of the info
Old May 26th 2009, 12:37 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Stamp duty is cheap in Qld anyway. So no biggie.
An example in QLD, with a house valued $450,000

Stamp Duty
  • $0 First Home Buyer (up to $500,000 = nil) (must be first home anywhere in the world)
  • $ 7,000 Home Buyer as residence
  • $14,175 Investment property

An example in QLD, with a house valued $540,000

Stamp Duty
  • $ 8,400 First Home Buyer
  • $10,150 Home Buyer as residence
  • $17,325 Investment property

Old May 26th 2009, 5:32 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
An example in QLD, with a house valued $450,000

Stamp Duty
  • $0 First Home Buyer (up to $500,000 = nil) (must be first home anywhere in the world)
  • $ 7,000 Home Buyer as residence
  • $14,175 Investment property

An example in QLD, with a house valued $540,000

Stamp Duty
  • $ 8,400 First Home Buyer
  • $10,150 Home Buyer as residence
  • $17,325 Investment property

That seems harsh on those investing in property.
Old May 26th 2009, 5:36 am
has lost The Game

Does that include the recent raises in land tax?

S
Old May 26th 2009, 6:59 am
ABCDiamond

Does that include the recent raises in land tax?

S
That is just Stamp Duty.

Old May 26th 2009, 7:03 am
ABCDiamond

Before these First Home and Owner occupier discounted rates, everyone probably paid those higher normal prices, like some other States...

eg:

VIC on a $540,000 house....
$28,060 Home Buyer
$27,470 Investment property ????
I have double checked this, and can't work it out.

Anyone else fancy checking this.......
http://www.sro.vic.gov.au/sro/SROWeb...e_families.htm

Old Jun 17th 2009, 12:15 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

As I understand the first rime buyers grant currently is $21,000 When is this reverting back to the amount of $7,000? I have read some articals which says its to be abolished altogether Is this right & when?
I am referring to WA if that makes a difference?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 12:26 pm
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

I dont think it has been mentioned yet, but worth considering - you must be a permanent resident or Australian citizen to qualify for the grant.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 12:32 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by harrip
I dont think it has been mentioned yet, but worth considering - you must be a permanent resident or Australian citizen to qualify for the grant.
We have our PR Visa's but as of yet haven't sold out property in the UK. As soon as we do we'll be there
We had an offer put in on our house yesterday £15k below what we wanted so we were just wondering that if we hold on for a better offer we may end up loosing out on the $21,000 first time buywers grant if we wait.
Thanks for your reply

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.