Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

first time buyers grant

first time buyers grant

Old Nov 23rd 2007, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

kirrane is on a distinguished road
Default first time buyers grant

hi im in WA on a 457 visa but have just applied for pemanent on a regional sponsered visa .
does any one know if i will be able to get the first time home buyers grant and get out of the stmp duty when buying a house.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice
Default Re: first time buyers grant

Originally Posted by kirrane
hi im in WA on a 457 visa but have just applied for pemanent on a regional sponsered visa .
does any one know if i will be able to get the first time home buyers grant and get out of the stmp duty when buying a house.

I was of the understanding that unless you are a permanent resident you are not entitled to the first time home owners grant. Also nobody is excempt from paying stamp duty in Queenslands!
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 9:09 am
Cobbalobs

grossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to all

Yeah i agree, can't get 1st time buyers grant unless on Perm. Visa. And again no one exempt in Qld, but you can get it back in cash and that can pay your stamp duty .
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kirrane
If you get your PR then buy a house you will get $7000 FHOG and if your house is under $500k you dont pay stamp duty.
Tracie