Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First Speeding Ticket

First Speeding Ticket

Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about
Default First Speeding Ticket

Been in Perth just over 3 weeks now, and wondered why everyone said there was lots of police on the roads and speed camera's everywhere. funnily said to my wife yesterday that they must leave the northern suburbs alone, when today ZAP. Blinding flash on Ocean Reef Road. On the way to pick up our house keys, driving my new car for first time, 2 year old started going through the terrible two's and I'm late. Now just have to wait for the postman to deliver the summons or something , telling me how many points they will give me.

No more laid back approach to this. now i have cruise, I'm going to use it or buy a speed camera detector.

Chris
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:09 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Speeding Ticket

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Been in Perth just over 3 weeks now, and wondered why everyone said there was lots of police on the roads and speed camera's everywhere. funnily said to my wife yesterday that they must leave the northern suburbs alone, when today ZAP. Blinding flash on Ocean Reef Road. On the way to pick up our house keys, driving my new car for first time, 2 year old started going through the terrible two's and I'm late. Now just have to wait for the postman to deliver the summons or something , telling me how many points they will give me.

No more laid back approach to this. now i have cruise, I'm going to use it or buy a speed camera detector.

Chris
Oh dear Chris........ how much over were you???

They are very sneaky here, especially with the handhelds, a friend was done last week doing 89 in a 70 zone and i had a lucky escape yesterday afternoon when one was lurking behind a bush in Winton Rd, i was saved by the person in front sticking to the speed limit!!

Use the cruise

Lynn
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:12 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: First Speeding Ticket

Lost my license to the dreaded speed cameras; a 3 month ban cured my lead foot!
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:18 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Lost my license to the dreaded speed cameras; a 3 month ban cured my lead foot!
D'oh Chris ! They'll deport you you know, outrageous behaviour after barely 2 weeks in the country !.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by movetoperth
Oh dear Chris........ how much over were you???

They are very sneaky here, especially with the handhelds, a friend was done last week doing 89 in a 70 zone and i had a lucky escape yesterday afternoon when one was lurking behind a bush in Winton Rd, i was saved by the person in front sticking to the speed limit!!

Use the cruise

Lynn
Lynn,
+90 in a 70 zone. Sasha was not impressed. Hope your well. Thanks for the other week in the park. really helped us settle in. Moving into new house tommorrow, so busy times. just trying to get broadband installed, but its going to take a week or so, so wont be on line until then. Good if we can catch up again.

Chris
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

Chris
Careful with the detector, they are illegal in alot of states. You can get into more trouble for this than speeding!
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NIGENABBY
Careful with the detector, they are illegal in alot of states. You can get into more trouble for this than speeding!
Not illegal in Perth to buy. Just nake sure you disconnect the power when they pull you over, and they cant touch you. so im told.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:29 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Lynn,
+90 in a 70 zone. Sasha was not impressed. Hope your well. Thanks for the other week in the park. really helped us settle in. Moving into new house tommorrow, so busy times. just trying to get broadband installed, but its going to take a week or so, so wont be on line until then. Good if we can catch up again.

Chris
2 points and $150, a slap round the head for being an idiot and a larger than usual shopping bill the next time Sasha hits the shops.... oh and i think after blaming the kids you can forget a fathers day pressie too

Glad you enjoyed the other week, we will be doing it again soon hopefully, i will let Sasha know when!

Leave the driving to us girls from now on we are much more restrained

Lynn
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by movetoperth
2 points and $150, a slap round the head for being an idiot and a larger than usual shopping bill the next time Sasha hits the shops.... oh and i think after blaming the kids you can forget a fathers day pressie too

Glad you enjoyed the other week, we will be doing it again soon hopefully, i will let Sasha know when!

Leave the driving to us girls from now on we are much more restrained

Lynn
Sasha is still laughing