Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

first shipping quote in, expensive?

first shipping quote in, expensive?

Old Sep 13th 2009, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

graham wade will become famous soon enough
Default Re: first shipping quote in, expensive?

Originally Posted by CDM
1) I ordered my 40' container from a company called EuroUSA shipping Ltd.
2) Yes. You are granted 3 hours for a 20' container and 4 hours for a 40' container. They charge per the hour thereafter (I think it's £65/hour after your time is up but this varies by company).
3) Letton Percival are the insurers. Funny enough, they usually are the agents that handle the insurance for the shipping companies. The BIG difference is that LP charge MUCH less than the shipping companies do so it is better to get in touch with them directly.
4) I don't know the name of the company but it's all part of the service.

- CDM
we are looking at using these for a 20ft selfpack and was quoted £2105 were wondering whether you have moved yet and if so how did you find them thanks
Old Sep 14th 2009, 3:53 am
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of
Default Re: first shipping quote in, expensive?

Originally Posted by graham wade
we are looking at using these for a 20ft selfpack and was quoted £2105 were wondering whether you have moved yet and if so how did you find them thanks
That's about the same price they quoted us also for a 20' container. We have moved now and are settling in with relatives but the container is still in transit at the moment. Thus far, we've not had any real reason to complain. I did get a bit of a shock a couple of days ago when I got an e-mail from them telling me they were having trouble tracking down my payment. I sent them all the details through and they confirmed the following day that everything was in order.

I've been in touch with the removal company on this end that are going to be dealing with the delivery of our goods once it all passes through customs and they seem to be on top of things. You'll have to ask me again towards the end of October how everything ultimately went but at this point, I'm quite happy with everything so far.

- CDM