Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First Impressions of Oz

First Impressions of Oz

Old Jun 26th 2009, 10:36 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Impressions of Oz

Originally Posted by rodandhayley
I find the people of australia far more freindly and accomadating than most of the members on this forum.
over the last 2 years I have been visiting less and less trying to avoid the doom and gloom and moaning and winging posts,
theres a negative snowball effect and if your not careful silly comments on here can affect your outlook on australia and life itself

many need to take a step back and realise how lucky we are
I agree with you. At times this forum reminds me of the two fat women characters in Les Dawson's sketch......(you know the ones that were always propping up their bosums)!

It is good and healthy to have a moan and a whinge every once and a while but when a person could compete internationally at the Whinge Olympics, it's time to lighten up and be thankful for better things in your life.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Do not find people necessary more friendly in a smaller town and quite often if not born and\or schooled there can always be made to feel an outsider.
Cities on the other hand often are more accepting of the diversity and fraility that is human nature.
Both true - to an extent. It's good when a community espouses small town values but also attracts people with a brain...

theres a negative snowball effect and if your not careful silly comments on here can affect your outlook on australia and life itself
That is true, as most of my negative views of Australia have been blatantly plagiarised from this forum, having never experienced them myself...
Old Jun 27th 2009, 12:53 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

if your not careful silly comments on here can affect your outlook on australia and life itself
Only if you take BE too seriously.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:52 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
Only if you take BE too seriously.
Sadly, when people feel angry, dispirited and dispossessed this often is where they come. My own thoughts are, that the camaraderie can be useful, as can the agreements on life and the friendships but when the chips are down, BE is a place where people can start to take comments FAR too seriously. I am an advocate for thinking before posting.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:54 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by busterboy
Sadly, when people feel angry, dispirited and dispossessed this often is where they come. My own thoughts are, that the camaraderie can be useful, as can the agreements on life and the friendships but when the chips are down, BE is a place where people can start to take comments FAR too seriously. I am an advocate for thinking before posting.
Great, who is suicidal? I think i'll talk to them!
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:55 am
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by Deancm
Great, who is suicidal? I think i'll talk to them!
Don't you dare...Killer.