Reload this Page >

First Impressions of Oz

First Impressions of Oz

Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:56 am
Account Closed

lovetv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: First Impressions of Oz

Originally Posted by Deancm
Yes, they even shit on the streets in public too.
u mean they are copying some bloody indians . i think this is the only thing aussies copying some bloddy indians.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:02 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AndyR
On the contrary. If you knew me & the wife you'd know how prepared we are for things, partly due to the jobs we had in the UK, so for everything we had to do, or were expecting to experience when we got to Oz, EVERYTHING has been exactly how we expected and nothing has come as a surpise, except the attitude of people and pace of life in the CBD like we mentioned. As an example as well, we'd got all the mundane admin stuff sorted by lunchtime on our first day

We are the kind of people who always set our expectation low so if it goes wrong we are not put off, and if it goes well then thats even better so are certainly not the kind of people to want the red carpet treatment, and even if we were offered it would shy away from it.

Just surprised by how different people were behaving in general to how everyone mentioned it too us. Back in the UK I have a couple of Ozzy friends and know a lot of people who all traveled Oz in the past and all of them always commented how nice Ozzies were, how slow the pace of life was etc, but when we arrived we found the exact opposite thats all.

However, the last couple of days we've managed to get out the centre and its been much better, more like what we were expecting and what we were told.
Hope things get better each day for you both.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

mattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nicemattie is just really nice

Originally Posted by kporte
And all Englishmen are French
Still talking a load of crap i see
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Oh Andy, I so feel for you. I could be reading my own post there. It doesn't improve with time either, sorry
x 2.

The people here are **** wits
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold

Andy, you think it's bad now, just wait until you have to work with these same drongos.

And this story might interest you. http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...81-421,00.html

Last edited by Potato_potato; Jun 19th 2009 at 12:35 am.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

OP: 2 words, go home.

I like this thread.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:13 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
OP: 2 words, go home.

I like this thread.
Or they could go back to NZ where they liked it.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 11:31 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mattie
Still talking a load of crap i see
Not nearly as much as you.
You're an angry chap for some reason?
Old Jun 20th 2009, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of light

I admit I am very rude to people I don't know or people I just don't care for. I have learnt that this is the best way not to be manipulated or bullied into doing something or giving in to someone. I tried the polite refusal for several years and it only led to an eventual argument when I wouldn't relent.

So now I am a rude and obnoxious tosser from the very start and as a result I get a satisfactory ending.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mr Grumpy
I admit I am very rude to people I don't know or people I just don't care for. I have learnt that this is the best way not to be manipulated or bullied into doing something or giving in to someone. I tried the polite refusal for several years and it only led to an eventual argument when I wouldn't relent.

So now I am a rude and obnoxious tosser from the very start and as a result I get a satisfactory ending.
Me too .... especially when in the servo the clown behind the counter tries to sell me something I don't want. Why would they think I need 2 bars of cadbury when I just want to pay for fuel.

A good tip in this situation is check the expiry date. and then tell them to get stuffed.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Me too .... especially when in the servo the clown behind the counter tries to sell me something I don't want. Why would they think I need 2 bars of cadbury when I just want to pay for fuel.

A good tip in this situation is check the expiry date. and then tell them to get stuffed.
Everything from a servo seems to be out of date.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

hannash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Davy
Sorry to hear your having such a crap time but I must say apart from estate agents and car salemen I haven't really had any grief. Having said that I don't think anyone goes into the city unless they work there or for the night life. I arrived at the end of April and was supprised how good customer service was here. [apart from the 2 above]. The only problem I have is people understanding me. [GOOD BELFAST ACCENT]. I think they are listening to my accent instead of the words I'm saying but it's not a problem and it always seems to be a point to strike up a conversation.
I think if you head out of the city you'll find things different and sure at the end of day it's not a penal colony any more, you could aways go somewhere else.Davy
hey davy hows it going your end just reading through threads that catch my eye ,is it goin according to plan chillder and all that?
Old Jun 21st 2009, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

just reading comments on unfriendly aussies in cities , just wondering how many irish were on a bus looking at all the nice sights in brisbane when the windows of there bus came in on top of them with bricks and stones courtesy of those friendly wee irish people .well thats what happened today in belfast to oz and norwegian tourists ,beat that for unfriendliness
Old Jun 21st 2009, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Potato_potato
Andy, you think it's bad now, just wait until you have to work with these same drongos.

And this story might interest you. http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...81-421,00.html
havent been to brisbane but if i get a visa i will .still rather someone be rude to me than get a brick through my tourist bus window
Old Jun 21st 2009, 6:31 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hannash
just reading comments on unfriendly aussies in cities , just wondering how many irish were on a bus looking at all the nice sights in brisbane when the windows of there bus came in on top of them with bricks and stones courtesy of those friendly wee irish people .well thats what happened today in belfast to oz and norwegian tourists ,beat that for unfriendliness
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/n...nd/8111673.stm

A window of a Belfast sightseeing bus with 40 tourists on board has been smashed by stone throwers as it made its way through the west of the city.

Australians Eunice and Des Cassidy had only been in Belfast an hour when the attack happend. "I was sitting right at the window - I didn't see what happened as I was listening to the tour director, I just heard a big bang," said Eunice. "I'll admit I have been apprehensive about coming to Belfast because there was only trouble not so long ago and this did scare me. "But then we went on and everything was OK."

Husband Des said: "It didn't worry me - it's happened to me in Australia too"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.