Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First house viewer- cash buyer!!!

Wikiposts

First house viewer- cash buyer!!!

Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice
Default Re: First house viewer- cash buyer!!!

Originally Posted by mungomidge
GOOD LUCK sold ours last week for asking price
Thats brill just hoping it happens for us now, not very good at being patient

Chris
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Jacs will become famous soon enoughJacs will become famous soon enough

Hi chris

good luck, when you have finnished your cleaning come and do mine!!
are you looking at going to Queensland now

see you soon Jackie
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
ooooooo flash Tracey!!! but very bright!!! lol

I am praying, he's a cash buyer by all accounts, pleeaaassseee!!

Will let you know how we get on.

as I say on call tonight so really should get some sleep!

will have to arrange cyber party again soon, if my house sells will be having a real one!!! lol

Chris
def have a real party before we go,but we can have a cyber party before that,lol good luck babe,karma sent
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jacs
Hi chris

good luck, when you have finnished your cleaning come and do mine!!
are you looking at going to Queensland now

see you soon Jackie

Thanks Jackie,

Not really at the moment, just exploring all options before deciding to sign contract, will explain more when talk to you.

A ny luck with you yet??

Chris
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scissors
def have a real party before we go,but we can have a cyber party before that,lol good luck babe,karma sent

Hi thank you,

lots of cyber parties if I sell coz i'll be too excited to sleep!!!!! lol mind manage to sleep at cyber party any way, dont know how I managed that with all the noise you lot were making!! lol

Chris
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

got our first viewer tomorrow afternoon, apparently a cash buyer!!!

busy tidying, cleaning only prob is me and hubby at work all day so kids with their older brother, the challenge will be can they keep it tidy!!!!!!

Really need your karma today folks!!! beg, beg grovel!!

so sorry friends no all night cyber party tonight!!!! lol

Chris
Hi Chris

Going through the same as you at the mo.

Husband, 3 mad kids & dog to keep tidy as well as the house we are trying to sell.

Put the house on the market this week and some viewers turned up yesterday. Spent my whole week cleaning, trying the find places to hide the ironing and the kids junk to made the place look nice.

Anyway found out from a neighbour that the viewers turned out to be a couple who had moved to the area a year ago, they had bought a run down property and had obviously come to have a nose at the work we had done on the house, they had also asked my next door neighbour a few weeks ago if they could look at his loft extension. I was so angry, i phoned the agents to say i didnt want time wasters, ive got enough to do with work and keeping this place going.

I have told my agent that i need notice before he sends buyers round, maybe you can try that, also we said weekends would be best, at least one of us can be at home, and the other can take the kids out of the way while people are looking around.

Its not easy i know, but we really want to sell, i told the kids that if they dont keep the house tidy, we cant sell it, and then it will take us longer to get to Oz. They have been quite good, started to even put their rubbish in the bin (now thats a first).....

Good Luck

B
Old Apr 15th 2005, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Jacs will become famous soon enoughJacs will become famous soon enough

Thanks Jackie,

Not really at the moment, just exploring all options before deciding to sign contract, will explain more when talk to you.

A ny luck with you yet??

Chris
Hi Chris

gone multi agency after words with agent, should have done it before, had one viewing last week loved the house and one they would seriously consider but they havnt sold
hopefully one this weekend with a differant agent and they have sold.
as for visa, no luck there it will be 11 weeks tuesday since meds were sent. I was told no news is good news so what else can I do

anyway fingers crossed for you today

Jackie
Old Apr 15th 2005, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Yeah i think a lot of us are in the same boat ( dam house sales ) we went straight away for 2 agents makes them work a little harder knowing that they have competition for the fees they want. Second person who came on Thursday put a offer in 10 grand less than the asking price on Friday, i'm all for the art of hagaling but that was taking the p:~s. The agent said the offer was all he could go to so i'm wondering why they sent him around. ££££££ in there eyes me thinks.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=karenjc]Yeah i think a lot of us are in the same boat ( dam house sales ) we went straight away for 2 agents makes them work a little harder knowing that they have competition for the fees they want. Second person who came on Thursday put a offer in 10 grand less than the asking price on Friday, i'm all for the art of hagaling but that was taking the p:~s. The agent said the offer was all he could go to so i'm wondering why they sent him around. ££££££ in there eyes me thinks.[/QUO

Think this is one of the worse bits, apart from waiting for the visa I guess,
but financially for some will mean the difference of going or not going!

prob is 10k is alot of money to drop when presumably was valued at a fair price originally, just doesn't seem to be many buyers about. A lot of people I know have cashed in on house price and are renting whether that has an influience cannot help I suppose

Good luck with your sale!

Chris
Old Apr 15th 2005, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Hi Chris,

Hope you had a quite night on call...not too many selfish mum's to be!! Our little lad was a comedian this morning - 6.40am on a Saturday....ggrrrr, alright for him, he's back in bed now!!

Anyway, just wanted to say fingers crossed for today's viewing and let us know how it goes.

Take care
Judith
Old Apr 15th 2005, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Mind i must not grumble to much house only been on the market a week and our 3rd veiwer comes later, second agents were using have just sent us all the details to sign so no action from them yet. WE put the house on below the valuation for the fact its a slow market at the moment and it stands out from all the other houses that are the same but higher priced so a offer of 10 grand below the asking price had no chance, were selling the house not giving it away. All the best with your sale
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:49 pm
pru
Just Joined

pru is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Chris Mitchell]
Originally Posted by karenjc
Yeah i think a lot of us are in the same boat ( dam house sales ) we went straight away for 2 agents makes them work a little harder knowing that they have competition for the fees they want. Second person who came on Thursday put a offer in 10 grand less than the asking price on Friday, i'm all for the art of hagaling but that was taking the p:~s. The agent said the offer was all he could go to so i'm wondering why they sent him around. ££££££ in there eyes me thinks.[/QUO

Think this is one of the worse bits, apart from waiting for the visa I guess,
but financially for some will mean the difference of going or not going!

prob is 10k is alot of money to drop when presumably was valued at a fair price originally, just doesn't seem to be many buyers about. A lot of people I know have cashed in on house price and are renting whether that has an influience cannot help I suppose

Good luck with your sale!

Chris

Using two agents does not mean that they are competing for the commission because they simply share it when the transaction is completed. You may well regret not having sold for just £10000 under your asking price in this market. A bird in the hand etc........
Old Apr 15th 2005, 9:53 pm
pru
Just Joined

pru is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PJ & B
Hi Chris

Going through the same as you at the mo.

Husband, 3 mad kids & dog to keep tidy as well as the house we are trying to sell.

Put the house on the market this week and some viewers turned up yesterday. Spent my whole week cleaning, trying the find places to hide the ironing and the kids junk to made the place look nice.

Anyway found out from a neighbour that the viewers turned out to be a couple who had moved to the area a year ago, they had bought a run down property and had obviously come to have a nose at the work we had done on the house, they had also asked my next door neighbour a few weeks ago if they could look at his loft extension. I was so angry, i phoned the agents to say i didnt want time wasters, ive got enough to do with work and keeping this place going.

I have told my agent that i need notice before he sends buyers round, maybe you can try that, also we said weekends would be best, at least one of us can be at home, and the other can take the kids out of the way while people are looking around.

Its not easy i know, but we really want to sell, i told the kids that if they dont keep the house tidy, we cant sell it, and then it will take us longer to get to Oz. They have been quite good, started to even put their rubbish in the bin (now thats a first).....

Good Luck

B
If you really want to sell it would be much better to give priority to letting the agents bring would-be buyers round whenever they want. In this market people who can't see a house when they want to will just look at something else. It is now a buyers market, they are in the driving seat
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

Karma_Chameleon is an unknown quantity at this point

bear in mind that most sales are locked into a chain, which can only be broken/started by a new first time buyer at the bottom.

recently low end sales were slow holding back most chains. the spring bounce should bring in fresh new buyers and get the sales upward. april/may is usually the start of this season so you have picked an excellent time to sell.

Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:55 pm
Banned

mungomidge is on a distinguished road

Never mind what people say about this market its crap ,stick out for your price especially as youve put it on lower .Dont be fooled into just letting them round if they want it they will come when you say,not when they want .It doesnt matter if they are cash buyers its all the same if its a mortgage, you still get paid maybe a bit of a chain ,but if youre in no hurry dont be flustered someone will buy it,and if they are messers ask them to leave i would good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.