Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First homeowner grant for PR from TR

First homeowner grant for PR from TR

Old Oct 19th 2008, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default First homeowner grant for PR from TR

If possible could you answer a quick question. Once I apply and are successful in my PR can I get the $7000 first time home buyers. I bought with permission from FIRB in Jan 07 and I'm now applying for my PR. Thank you for your time
Old Oct 19th 2008, 10:14 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: George Lombard et al

Originally Posted by framac67
Hello George. If possible could you answer a quick question. Once I apply and are successful in my PR can I get the $7000 first time home buyers. I bought with permission from FIRB in Jan 07 and I'm now applying for my PR. Thank you for your time
No, you can't. The FHG is for people who have not owned property in Australia before.

I have changed the title of your thread, as George Lombard is a migration agent, not a real estate agent and as such probably wouldn't know any more about the FHG than anyone else out there in cyberland and moved it since it really doesn't have to do with immigration issues.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 10:36 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: George Lombard et al

As Dorothy said the answer is no.

You have bought a house in Oz before, the visa you were on at the time does not matter.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 12:49 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First homeowner grant for PR from TR

Originally Posted by framac67
If possible could you answer a quick question. Once I apply and are successful in my PR can I get the $7000 first time home buyers. I bought with permission from FIRB in Jan 07 and I'm now applying for my PR. Thank you for your time
Check the FHOG for your state or territory.
http://www.firsthome.gov.au/

I haven't checked it recently but some did allow you to back date a claim once you had PR. There was a time limit though.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 1:08 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Just found it for Queensland:

How long do I have to apply for the Grant after purchasing or building my home?

You have 12 months from the completion of the eligible transaction to which your application relates to lodge your application.

The Commissioner has a discretion to extend this period in certain circumstances.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Just found it for Queensland:

How long do I have to apply for the Grant after purchasing or building my home?

You have 12 months from the completion of the eligible transaction to which your application relates to lodge your application.

The Commissioner has a discretion to extend this period in certain circumstances.
Cheers Bix. Something in the back of my mind thought you could but c'est la vie.