Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First Home Owners Grant....plus !!!

First Home Owners Grant....plus !!!

Old May 21st 2008, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold
Default First Home Owners Grant....plus !!!

Hi all, I know everyone knows about the $7,000 first home owners grant for PR's and Aus citizens. Here is a little known fact, provided to me by our RE agent (it doesn't apply to us as not buying first home).
Besides the $7,000 grant provided by the government you can also apply to your state for this little known grant....approx $2,000.
I did mention it on another thread a few days ago but I worded it incorrectly. I thought the governing body in WA was R.E.I.W.A....it's not, it is R.E.B.A
(Real Estate and Bankers Agency)...every state has the equivalent and all first home buyers are entitled to it
Apply for info at your state's office of state revenue.
Every little bit helps
Old May 21st 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Home Owners Grant....plus !!!

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
Hi all, I know everyone knows about the $7,000 first home owners grant for PR's and Aus citizens. Here is a little known fact, provided to me by our RE agent (it doesn't apply to us as not buying first home).
Besides the $7,000 grant provided by the government you can also apply to your state for this little known grant....approx $2,000.
I did mention it on another thread a few days ago but I worded it incorrectly. I thought the governing body in WA was R.E.I.W.A....it's not, it is R.E.B.A
(Real Estate and Bankers Agency)...every state has the equivalent and all first home buyers are entitled to it
Every little bit helps

Thats a great tip for people coming over now or about to buy,

Don't suppose there's any chance of it being back dated by 2 years

John
Old May 21st 2008, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future

On past form, Labor will probably make this income tested soon.
Old May 21st 2008, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
Every little bit helps
Are you sure it's available in every state? What's the name of the grant?

TIA

Steve
Old May 21st 2008, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Hi John
Hi Steve
John, I doubt that they would backdate it (probably why it's so little known)
Steve, after John (our R E estate agent) told us I realised I hadn't asked him what the grant is called but he did say it is available in all states. I will be seeing him tomorrow so I will ask him. He told us about this on Monday...and yesterday...or was it this morning ????????...I'm tired ...I saw it on the ninemsn news website although it didn't say what it was called, just to contact your state's 'office of State revenue'
I'll let you know what he says after I speak to him tomorrow (he's at the dogs tonight)
Old May 21st 2008, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Just reading about this and it's only on properties less than $400,000.

More info here:

http://www.reba.wa.gov.au/default.aspx?c=36
Old May 21st 2008, 1:27 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ossigeno
On past form, Labor will probably make this income tested soon.
Quite right too
Old May 21st 2008, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Only in WA
Old May 22nd 2008, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by longreach
Only in WA

Believe me it's NOT in Queensland.

I usually help my customers fill in their FHOGs and send it off with their mortgage application, if first time buyers (of course)

You can however delay applying for the FHOG. As long as you apply within a year, your fine. It doesnt have to been with the mortgage application. However many do it, as the lender will add the FHOG into the sums when settlement takes place.
Old May 22nd 2008, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

heard of this the other day - does anyone know if it is payable when you are buying through keystart shared equity scheme? cant see anything on the site about it