Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First home buyers extra $2000 grant

First home buyers extra $2000 grant

Old Nov 14th 2007, 5:57 am
Rocko since Feb 07

markrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nice
Default First home buyers extra $2000 grant

Hi there,

This is not well published in Australia and I thought this thread might help new homebuyers. In WA on top of the $7000 first homeowners grant you may be able to apply for an extra $2000 by going to www.reiwa.com

There are terms and conditions that it is a pre-exisiting property and that your agent is registered with them.

Take a look and see for yourself.

We applied and got this grant.

Angie
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:52 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First home buyers extra $2000 grant

Originally Posted by markrj
Hi there,

This is not well published in Australia and I thought this thread might help new homebuyers. In WA on top of the $7000 first homeowners grant you may be able to apply for an extra $2000 by going to www.reiwa.com

There are terms and conditions that it is a pre-exisiting property and that your agent is registered with them.

Angie
coincidentally, I just lodged our application for the $7000 grant this morning, here in Adelaide. Only 4 months after we bought, but we are very disorganised, Do you know if this is available in SA as can't seem to find any details? Well done for advertising it for the WA bunch.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Moonwalker will become famous soon enoughMoonwalker will become famous soon enough

Hi there,

Angie
Hi Angie,

Whereabouts is this information located on the Reiwa site cant seem to find it thanks

Mo
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there,

Angie
From what i can see it is only on properties less than $400,000? Can anyone conform this
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:34 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrispy
From what i can see it is only on properties less than $400,000? Can anyone conform this
Well that rules out anyone in Perth then!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Guys,

What site did you all go on to find out how you go about getting the $7000 first time buyers grant and any other information on buying in W.A.

Cheers.x
Old Nov 15th 2007, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by predator
Hi Angie,

Whereabouts is this information located on the Reiwa site cant seem to find it thanks

Mo
Neither can I, it must be a secret.
I have a few friends who work in real estate and they have never heard of it either.

Di
Old Nov 16th 2007, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Hi...i got the $2000.00 on mine but it didn't go into my bank account...straight off the mortgage..

Steve
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Hi Steve

How did you find out about this? Where on the website is it? I forwarded the info to my daughter who is buying an apartment in Perth, but we can't seem to find any info on the website.

Originally Posted by Steve2438
Hi...i got the $2000.00 on mine but it didn't go into my bank account...straight off the mortgage..

Steve
Old Nov 18th 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harveyhare
Neither can I, it must be a secret.
I have a few friends who work in real estate and they have never heard of it either.

Di
If your friends who work in real estate don't know about it............. then perhaps they shouldn't be working in real estate because it's not something new .......... it's been around for a while!

Home Buyers Assistance Account
The Home Buyers Assistance Account is established under the Real Estate and Business Agents Act 1978 to provide first home buyers with financial support.

The scheme provides a grant of up to $2,000 for the incidental expenses of first home buyers when they purchase an established or partially built home through a licensed real estate agent. On 22 September 2006, the maximum purchase price criteria for the Home Buyers Assistance Account was increased to $400,000 in response to the rising costs of housing in Western Australia.

The scheme is funded from interest paid on real estate agents' trust accounts. The grant can be used for - registration fees, solicitor and/or conveyancing fees, valuation fees, inspection fees, establishment fees, mortgage insurance premiums and lending institution fees associated with lodging the application.

The current criteria for a grant are:

* applicants must be buying their first home, which is established or partially built (not vacant land, a plan or a 'house and land' package);
* the applicant, spouse or partner of the applicant must not own or have owned any property in the State of Western Australia before (if one of the people the applicant is buying a home with, owns or has owned a home in Western Australia before, then the applicant can apply for a partial grant based on the percentage of their ownership of the home);
* the applicant must live in the home for at least the first 12 months;
* the applicant must purchase the home through a licensed real estate agent;
* the application must be lodged with the Registrar of the Real Estate and Business Agents Supervisory Board no more than 90 days after the date that the offer and acceptance contract to buy the home is accepted (in exceptional circumstances, a short extension of time for lodgment may be granted by the Registrar if reasonable grounds exist);
* the home loan must be financed through an authorised lending institution (such as a bank, building society or credit union); and
* the purchase price of the home is $400,000 or less.

For a copy of the application form, please click here.

For more detailed information, a fact sheet will be available soon.

If you have any further queries, call (08) 9282 0836.

The Federal Government's First Home Owners Grant

In addition to the Board's Home Buyers Assistance Fund, first home buyers may also be eligible to a financial rebate through the Federal Government's First Home Owners Grant. The grant is administered by the Office of State Revenue. For further information about the grant, contact the Department of Treasury and Finance on 1300 363 211 or visit their website.