Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First day of school

First day of school

Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:37 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold
Default First day of school

My little fella started school toady. I thought there would be wailing and tears... but I managed to hold it together. Wee fella was fine.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:47 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First day of school

Give it a couple of years and you'll be celebrating when the first day of school comes along. My 2 went to year 9 and year 7 today. I've not been so glad of anything in a very long time.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
My little fella started school toady. I thought there would be wailing and tears... but I managed to hold it together. Wee fella was fine.
sending you lots of

alex's turn on friday then on tuesday hes off to get jab up he he

and so is fliss

both will be feeling sorry for themselves nxt tuesday
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:00 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
sending you lots of

alex's turn on friday then on tuesday hes off to get jab up he he

and so is fliss

both will be feeling sorry for themselves nxt tuesday
Aww bless! Get that stuff in - what is it called again - the kiddie paracetemol.

Stuart wore a wee uniform. Do you want a pic?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Aww bless! Get that stuff in - what is it called again - the kiddie paracetemol.

Stuart wore a wee uniform. Do you want a pic?
yeah!

Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:19 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

Will do later. Just realised that DH took camera away to work with him - doh!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

was going to phone you later to ask how s had got on and how you were

is it alright to still phone you later?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:24 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
was going to phone you later to ask how s had got on and how you were

is it alright to still phone you later?
AYE!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

AYE!
speak later then lassie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx bye xxx
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:33 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

My daughter still has one year to go until school.... and I'm just about counting the days

I love her to death, but she's very ready for school and I'm ready to do a bit of part time work. I can almost guarantee I'll cry the night before or after I drop her off.... but I'll be so happy she's in school.

By the time my little guy (1.5 years) goes to school I think I'll be doing a little dance of freedom!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:37 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

Originally Posted by comet555
I love her to death, but she's very ready for school and I'm ready to do a bit of part time work.
I know. He is ready too and I'd like to do some work again. I did get a wee giggle to myself as I left as I had told him to ask his teacher all his hard questions.

"Are 44 infinities bigger than 2 infinities?"

Stuff like that has been driving me NUTS for the last few months!!!! :curse:
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:37 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I know. He is ready too and I'd like to do some work again. I did get a wee giggle to myself as I left as I had told him to ask his teacher all his hard questions.

"Are 44 infinities bigger than 2 infinities?"

Stuff like that has been driving me NUTS for the last few months!!!! :curse:
He sounds like a little smarty pants! Tell him to hold onto that question until he gets to university

I'm a math teacher and can't quite answer that appropriately aside from the obvious no. Generally no is the answer but if you do a little looking you'll find there's a bit of an arguement for the yes side in higher mathematics.

Anyway, looks like you'll have your hands full with that one! I'd be happy to hand him off to the teacher too. I'm sure your first parent teacher conference will be interesting.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:42 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

Originally Posted by comet555

I'm a math teacher and can't quite answer that appropriately aside from the obvious no. Generally no is the answer but if you do a little looking you'll find there's a bit of an arguement for the yes side in higher mathematics.
I thought they were equal! Shit - my 4 year old is confuddling me already.

As a teacher, you'll like what he said this morning as we drove to school. I was telling him to ask his teacher all the hard questions because "teachers know everything". To which he replied, "No mum, teachers just know school stuff".

Good job I love him.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:05 am
Canuck/Aussie

Well he's right... teachers know what's in the curriculum!

And yes, for all purposes I'd say that 44 infinity is the same as 1 infinity. You can't have bigger or smaller infinities, their very definition is the biggest number possible. But I did a little looking and there were some arguements to the contrary, although it's very theoretical and it's a bit over my head!

I'm sure his teacher will love him I think I was him in school. I remember arguing with a teacher that I had found a shortcut to do something in math class... she was not impressed!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:04 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I forgot that I said I'd show you a piccie. Here he is:

Attached Thumbnails First day of school-img_1524.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.