Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First Day in Job

First Day in Job

Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:09 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice
Default First Day in Job

Hi everyone. Just thought I'd let you know that I have done my first days work here in Oz. Got a job in a hair salon, only part time but its a start. The owner phoned me last week and asked me to come in today as she would be away and need cover for the salon. I was the only stylist in the place :scared: and her mum (not a hairdresser) was around to help answer the phone and be there for when I went on my lunch.
It went well and I am going to stick it out, and hope for more hours. Just in case any hairderssers are interested, pay was $16.74 an hour and I got $123.55, for 7.5 hours work, after she took $2 off for tax.
Only a small salon but its a start.
Mrs R
Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:15 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Day in Job

Well done snips.
Agree with your attitude....have to start somewhere.
Sounds like they may need you anyway so could work out okay.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

DSC_AU will become famous soon enoughDSC_AU will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TheRossers
Hi everyone. Just thought I'd let you know that I have done my first days work here in Oz. Got a job in a hair salon, only part time but its a start. The owner phoned me last week and asked me to come in today as she would be away and need cover for the salon. I was the only stylist in the place :scared: and her mum (not a hairdresser) was around to help answer the phone and be there for when I went on my lunch.
It went well and I am going to stick it out, and hope for more hours. Just in case any hairderssers are interested, pay was $16.74 an hour and I got $123.55, for 7.5 hours work, after she took $2 off for tax.
Mrs R
Well great for you heRossers!! I think i great deal for a hairdersser like you
Cheers
Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: First Day in Job

Mrs R

nice to hear you're settling in...best wishes

BB
Old Sep 8th 2005, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

GurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant futureGurpreetSandhu has a brilliant future

Mrs R
Hi! Mrs. R

Congrats for the new job. Was wondering if its a well paid profession over there in Oz. What will be your advise for someone want to get into HairDressing.

Regards

Gurpreet
Old Sep 8th 2005, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it goes well
Hilary