British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   First Day in Job (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/first-day-job-324416/)

TheRossers Sep 6th 2005 10:09 am

First Day in Job

Hi everyone. Just thought I'd let you know that I have done my first days work here in Oz. Got a job in a hair salon, only part time but its a start. The owner phoned me last week and asked me to come in today as she would be away and need cover for the salon. I was the only stylist in the place :scared: and her mum (not a hairdresser) was around to help answer the phone and be there for when I went on my lunch.
It went well and I am going to stick it out, and hope for more hours. Just in case any hairderssers are interested, pay was $16.74 an hour and I got $123.55, for 7.5 hours work, after she took $2 off for tax.
Only a small salon but its a start.
Mrs R

Bix Sep 6th 2005 10:15 am

Re: First Day in Job

Well done snips.
Agree with your attitude....have to start somewhere.
Sounds like they may need you anyway so could work out okay. :)

DSC_AU Sep 6th 2005 10:18 am

Originally Posted by TheRossers
Hi everyone. Just thought I'd let you know that I have done my first days work here in Oz. Got a job in a hair salon, only part time but its a start. The owner phoned me last week and asked me to come in today as she would be away and need cover for the salon. I was the only stylist in the place :scared: and her mum (not a hairdresser) was around to help answer the phone and be there for when I went on my lunch.
It went well and I am going to stick it out, and hope for more hours. Just in case any hairderssers are interested, pay was $16.74 an hour and I got $123.55, for 7.5 hours work, after she took $2 off for tax.
Mrs R

Well great for you heRossers!! :) I think i great deal for a hairdersser like you
Cheers :beer:

BettyBoop Sep 6th 2005 10:38 am

Mrs R

nice to hear you're settling in...best wishes

BB :)

GurpreetSandhu Sep 8th 2005 3:12 pm

Mrs R

Hi! Mrs. R

Congrats for the new job. Was wondering if its a well paid profession over there in Oz. What will be your advise for someone want to get into HairDressing.

Regards

Gurpreet

hilary6 Sep 8th 2005 5:02 pm

Hope it goes well :D
Hilary