Which first

Old Nov 5th 2007, 4:20 pm
NO1SPARKY!

martin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud of
Default Which first

1, Buy a car
2, See the beach
3, Visit schools
4, Have a Glass or 2
5, Find a job

What order would you place them.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 4:26 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which first

Originally Posted by martin4414
1, Buy a car
2, See the beach
3, Visit schools
4, Have a Glass or 2
5, Find a job

Without 5, the rest are daydreams...
Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:59 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with DrWho, however this is the order we did them in -

Buzzy
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

1, Buy a car
2, See the beach
3, Visit schools
4, Have a Glass or 2
5, Find a job

We did

2 - we stayed in a caravan park on the beach
4 - well we were on the beach
1 - we bought the car on day 6
3 - wanted to get the kids in school as soon as we could
5 - OH couldn't get a job without a licence
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:40 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

1, Buy a car
2, See the beach
3, Visit schools
4, Have a Glass or 2
5, Find a job

i think you should extend this list to perhaps 10 !
Old Nov 5th 2007, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
i think you should extend this list to perhaps 10 !

And the rest.

finding a house
buying furniture for said house
getting kids school uniforms
going to the medicare office
getting a TFN
unlocking the bank account
transferring all your cash
going to centrelink only to be told they are too busy to deal with you today (after you've queued for three quarters of an hour! so yeah, kinda guessed they were )
sorting out gas, electric, telephone
trying to find out why you cant get broadband when next door has it
your first trip around woolies or coles

and probably lots more stuff that I've forgot about
Old Nov 5th 2007, 10:02 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
And the rest.

finding a house
getting a TFN
going to centrelink only to be told they are too busy to deal with you today (after you've queued for three quarters of an hour! so yeah, kinda guessed they were )

checking out suburbs...
Old Nov 5th 2007, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

checking out suburbs...

I didn't do that though, we'd already decided where we were going to live
Old Nov 5th 2007, 10:04 pm
Banned

I didn't do that though, we'd already decided where we were going to live
so had we... but when we actually moved here.. became a diff reality
Old Nov 5th 2007, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

so had we... but when we actually moved here.. became a diff reality

Yep, me too
Old Nov 5th 2007, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road

Yep, me too
What i did first

1. We had rental place from work so got unpacked.
2. Went and got aussie licence. approx $70.
3. Got bank account sorted.
4. Applied for TFN number over the net.
5. Went shopping for food.

I had a loan of the comapny car from work for a month so i had some time to get myself a car. That was a right royal pain in the arse. We came over here with not alot of savings so i had to get a car on credit. My advice, get the garage to sort it out. I had my finance sorted in less than 3 hours and drove out of the garage over the weekend.

We now have a fully furnished townhouse in our name. Have sorted electricity and phone and internet. This now gives us some time to pick up other bits and bobs.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 10:42 am
NO1SPARKY!

martin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud of

And the rest.

finding a house
getting a TFN

STOP

I was'nt stessed now i am

Some friend Wend

Hows things
Old Nov 6th 2007, 10:43 am
NO1SPARKY!

Originally Posted by wullieb1
What i did first

1. We had rental place from work so got unpacked.
2. Went and got aussie licence. approx $70.
3. Got bank account sorted.
4. Applied for TFN number over the net.
5. Went shopping for food.

I had a loan of the comapny car from work for a month so i had some time to get myself a car. That was a right royal pain in the arse. We came over here with not alot of savings so i had to get a car on credit. My advice, get the garage to sort it out. I had my finance sorted in less than 3 hours and drove out of the garage over the weekend.

We now have a fully furnished townhouse in our name. Have sorted electricity and phone and internet. This now gives us some time to pick up other bits and bobs.

Sorry Whats TFN
Old Nov 6th 2007, 10:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Tax File Number. The same as your NI number.

Am I the only one who started with No. 4
Old Nov 6th 2007, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

STOP

I was'nt stessed now i am

Some friend Wend

Hows things

Things are good