Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

fireworks or has the S**T HIT THE FAN?

fireworks or has the S**T HIT THE FAN?

Old Dec 31st 2007, 5:02 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default fireworks or has the S**T HIT THE FAN?

It will be around 30deg c at midnight here at Anglevale{ 35km nth of adelaide]the local school still has its fireworks display on, {professional set up], any way the place is a tinder box....so if you don,t hear from me again you know they have Farked up..................mm
Old Dec 31st 2007, 5:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fireworks or has the S**T HIT THE FAN?

Originally Posted by mr mover
It will be around 30deg c at midnight here at Anglevale{ 35km nth of adelaide]the local school still has its fireworks display on, {professional set up], any way the place is a tinder box....so if you don,t hear from me again you know they have Farked up..................mm
I'm gonna watch them on the TV - safer that way
Old Dec 31st 2007, 5:45 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I'm gonna watch them on the TV - safer that way
Not if your house is on fire.....................mm
Old Dec 31st 2007, 5:52 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I saw on the news today that a lot of fireworks displays will be cancelled due to fire bans. Hope you're not in one of those areas. We're off to Mindarie to watch the fireworks at midnight.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 5:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Not if your house is on fire.....................mm

I think I'll be OK down here Unless it gets a bit rowdy in the pub over the road
Old Dec 31st 2007, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
We're off to Mindarie to watch the fireworks at midnight.
will this display be the nearest one to carramar??????????????

Ann
Old Dec 31st 2007, 5:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mumfords
will this display be the nearest one to carramar??????????????

Ann
I would think it would. Carramar isn't that far from here. Maybe we'll see you there.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

Our fire works have been cancelled because of the bad weather on the gold coast its a bit wet and windy

Happy New Year to all.

Sunshine23
Old Dec 31st 2007, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I would think it would. Carramar isn't that far from here. Maybe we'll see you there.
when will be the best time to get there have they got stuff on all evening my kids are age 3 and 6 so not sure weather to go or not

Ann
Old Dec 31st 2007, 6:44 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah well guys....there's always Australia Day to look forward to!

A lot of people are still going down to Broadbeach this evening. It will take more than a bit of rain to put them off
Old Dec 31st 2007, 6:53 am
Banned

I think I'll be OK down here Unless it gets a bit rowdy in the pub over the road
Is that the "somerset".?? ...........MM
Old Dec 31st 2007, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Is that the "somerset".?? ...........MM

Yep - they've got karaoke on tonight
Old Dec 31st 2007, 7:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine
Ah well guys....there's always Australia Day to look forward to!

A lot of people are still going down to Broadbeach this evening. It will take more than a bit of rain to put them off
Rather you than me, unless it's calmer up there. It's freezing here, blowing a gale and torrential rain every 10 minutes

What's the weather doing in Sydney? It has to be better than up here, presumably their fireworks are still on?
Old Dec 31st 2007, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Rather you than me, unless it's calmer up there. It's freezing here, blowing a gale and torrential rain every 10 minutes

What's the weather doing in Sydney? It has to be better than up here, presumably their fireworks are still on?

Sydney is about 27 degrees I think (well last time I looked it was)

No reports of them not having any, which is good cos my little one wants to stay up to watch them on the TV
Old Dec 31st 2007, 7:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Sydney is about 27 degrees I think (well last time I looked it was)

No reports of them not having any, which is good cos my little one wants to stay up to watch them on the TV
It's just working out what time they're going off that I struggle with