Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fire next to Joondalup/Kinross

Wikiposts

Fire next to Joondalup/Kinross

Old Feb 18th 2006, 10:12 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fire next to Joondalup/Kinross

Originally Posted by Larissa
Ta Worzel, I wanted some helicopter pics just like those but our camera wasn't recharged... we must have been in the same area, we should think of a secret expat wave or something
I was about to suggest a trouser leg rolled up but I only wear long trousers during the week.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

RE the beaut houses etc. I don't call it "Duloc" for nothing
Old Feb 18th 2006, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Yep I can see your point!
Old Feb 19th 2006, 12:08 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Duloc? Lost me there
Old Feb 19th 2006, 12:19 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Dulac. You know, Shrek.

We were driving home from a weekend's camping at Guilderton. Got turned around on Waneroo Road at Hester Avenue. As previous posters have said, the orange sky was amazing.
Attached Thumbnails Fire next to Joondalup/Kinross-fire-road-closed.jpg   Fire next to Joondalup/Kinross-orange-sky-fire.jpg  
Old Feb 19th 2006, 12:22 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by webgum
Dulac. You know, Shrek.

We were driving home from a weekend's camping at Guilderton. Got turned around on Waneroo Road at Hester Avenue. As previous posters have said, the orange sky was amazing.
Ah! Stepford.

Somebody always has to post better pictures than your own
Old Feb 19th 2006, 12:36 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by worzel
Ah! Stepford.

Somebody always has to post better pictures than your own

Felt a bit of a rubber necker actually. Ed was saying, get the camera out for the folks at home, so I duly obliged.

I shall add some weekend away shots to balance the thread!
Attached Thumbnails Fire next to Joondalup/Kinross-img_2019.jpg  
Old Feb 19th 2006, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by webgum
Felt a bit of a rubber necker actually. Ed was saying, get the camera out for the folks at home, so I duly obliged.

I shall add some weekend away shots to balance the thread!
Great pics in this thread. I know its a little off topic given the fire but I love seeing these pics of Perth!
Old Feb 19th 2006, 1:30 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Larissa, Worzel,
We stopped off at the primary school to see the 'copters too!
I must adimit it was worrying driving back from central Perth in the early afternoon wondering where the blaze was as we're not too far from the bush.
Any news on what/who started it?

Brian
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:53 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Cross everything for us guys!
BTW Is Renth helping out?
Just got back from fighting this one, it's been pretty full on. It's reasonably under control right now but could kick back in either tonight if we get strong easterlies or tomorrow when it's forecast to be 37.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Quokka will become famous soon enoughQuokka will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by wafc
Great pics in this thread. I know its a little off topic given the fire but I love seeing these pics of Perth!
From Quinns, mid afternoon
Attached Thumbnails Fire next to Joondalup/Kinross-img_3488.jpg  
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

We rang the FESA helpline this morning just after 5am (you get a recorded message similar to the internet one, but this one was recorded later - they're currently showing the 10.18pm one on the net). We could hear the helicopters and some emergency sirens so thought we should check as the wind had picked up. Even the phone message bird seemed tired but said that people were working through the night to contain the fire near Neerabup, digging fire breaks etc.

Here's the 10.18 report
FESA advises that a bush fire is currently burning both sides of Wanneroo Road in the vicinity of Lake Neerabup and that there is the potential for lives and/or property to be at risk.

Police will be doorknocking residents tonight in the area west from the end of Hall Road across the proposed freeway extension to Celebration Boulevard, south to Neerabup Road and east to the proposed Mitchell Freeway extension.

They will be advising residents that authorities are confident they can hold the fire with a view to containing it later tonight but that they should be prepared if they are unable to do so.

This means having a plan ready to either stay and defend their properties or to go early.

If the fire is not contained residents who have not taken the necessary preparations or believe they may not cope with the stress of the fire will improve their safety by going now.

Currently there has been approximately 300 hectares burned.

One hundred firefighters and emergency services personnel from the Fire and Rescue Service, bush fire brigades and CALM are working at the scene, together with 45 firefighting appliances.

Four Helitacs and two fixed wing water bombers, plus the FESA air intelligence helicopter have also supported ground crews.

A number of roads in the Neerabup area remain closed including:
Wanneroo Road between Hester Avenue and Joondalup Drive and also Flynn Drive and Joondalup Drive.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bal56
Larissa, Worzel,
We stopped off at the primary school to see the 'copters too!
I must adimit it was worrying driving back from central Perth in the early afternoon wondering where the blaze was as we're not too far from the bush.
Any news on what/who started it?

Brian
Hi Brian
I think on the phone thingy they mentioned a camping site, I wasn't that with it at 5am so I'm not sure I think we will know more later.
Hope you guys are alright.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by renth
Just got back from fighting this one, it's been pretty full on. It's reasonably under control right now but could kick back in either tonight if we get strong easterlies or tomorrow when it's forecast to be 37.
Fingers crossed, we're due for 39 tomorrow too.
Without meaning to sound corney - you guys are much appreciated,
Thankyou.

BTW You're not back at work today are you
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Jim n Nic has a brilliant futureJim n Nic has a brilliant futureJim n Nic has a brilliant futureJim n Nic has a brilliant futureJim n Nic has a brilliant futureJim n Nic has a brilliant future

Anyone else woke up with a house smelling of smoke??????

I'm in Mindarie, woke at 1.30am with the whole house stinking of smoke, I guess the wind changed direction during the night.
Pretty scary stuff!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.