Reload this Page >

Finished reading.

Finished reading.

Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Edcast22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finished reading.

Hi to all,
Finally finished reading and lurking and at the same time learning a lot from all the wonderfull and informative post that you all good people have provided.
That's true, I must have been reading all the post relevant to all my question about Oz. I have been fortunate to be interviewed and offered a job in Perth, and this started in February, so all those months I was just lurking and reading the posts. Now, I'm waiting for my visa approval and it is running on its 5 week.
A little bit of my background... I've emigrated here in Alberta Canada in 1995 been living and working, first in Edmonton for the last 11 years and now working and living in Calgary, I am licensed Mechanical Engineering Technologist all my life, both have had houses in each city, and I must admit, this is probably the best place to be it wasn't for the weather, and to be honest, its starting take a toll on everybody's health, this a bit of my own opinion as there are loads of new immigrants and people living in other part of the canada that wanted to come live here in Alberta, that's mainly because of the job opportunities in this province.
That is also, some of my concern and dilemma as, a lot of people are wanting to come and work here, and here I am seeking adventure in the place that I have never been before and totally no idea of what's the working and living condition is. (maybe some of you people is willing to impart your opinion about this) So needless to say, I am seeking for a place with a great weather and place to raise up my two kids, Erika and Nathan, their 5 and 2 years old, but that doesn't mean that I haven't had a chance to find out, because that's what all you people have provided, information about Australia, and I am really thankful, I came up to my conclusion to try it out in Oz. OH and myself have decided, we're just going to rent out the house here in Calgary for at least, two years and make a decision after that.

Thats all for now and I will be posting some more once I get over this work that I have on my desk...still working and haven't given my notice to work yet, I figure I won't since I haven't got my visa approval yet.

thanks again...