Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Finicial advice in Australia

Finicial advice in Australia

Old Jan 29th 2003, 11:00 am
Just Joined

jakeysdk365 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finicial advice in Australia

Does anyone know of any good Independant Financial Advisors in Sydney?

My wife and I are planning on setting up a business in Aust and need some general advice about this and general financial matters.
Old Jan 29th 2003, 11:43 pm

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of
Default Re: Finicial advice in Australia

Originally posted by jakeysdk365

My wife and I are planning on setting up a business in Aust and need some general advice about this and general financial matters.
Sydney is full of tied advisers and crap independents. I was looking into building a wealth plan and visited a few advisers partly for inspiration and partly for fun. I'm a chartered accountant but always willing to learn from "experts". Problem is, all those I spoke to were in my opinion utterly incompetent and basically cufflink wearing financial salesmen. I even reported one of them to the regulator because he openly told me than margin loans had no risk at all attached. Unbelievable, and this guy was recommended to me plus had a long list of advisory type qualifications.
My conclusion - always go for a qualified accountant (CPA) here. I work for one of the big 4 but would'nt recommend ourselves for you as we are expensive and mainly serve big corporates. Look up a small to medium firm of CPA's and get in touch. Avoid any tied agents and any financial advisers who are not CPA's like the plague.
Old Jan 29th 2003, 11:50 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Please feel able to email me directly, or to send a Private Message ...

Best regards.

Originally posted by jakeysdk365

Old Jan 30th 2003, 8:00 am
Just Joined

jakeysdk365 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you know where I can get a list of CPAs. Is there a website?

Originally posted by Herman
Sydney is full of tied advisers and crap independents. I was looking into building a wealth plan and visited a few advisers partly for inspiration and partly for fun. I'm a chartered accountant but always willing to learn from "experts". Problem is, all those I spoke to were in my opinion utterly incompetent and basically cufflink wearing financial salesmen. I even reported one of them to the regulator because he openly told me than margin loans had no risk at all attached. Unbelievable, and this guy was recommended to me plus had a long list of advisory type qualifications.
My conclusion - always go for a qualified accountant (CPA) here. I work for one of the big 4 but would'nt recommend ourselves for you as we are expensive and mainly serve big corporates. Look up a small to medium firm of CPA's and get in touch. Avoid any tied agents and any financial advisers who are not CPA's like the plague.