Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Finding Work Down Under

Finding Work Down Under

Old Jun 13th 2007, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

mattyearle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finding Work Down Under

My wife to be and I have recently received our permanent VISA's and are planning to move to Australia in 'late 08', although because of the VISA terms we are entering the country for our honeymoon later this year.

Obviously I am worried about getting work (although we plan to save some money so that we have something to fall back on) - does anyone know of recruitment agents who deal with clients who are based abroad? I would love to secure a job before we reached down under!?
Old Jun 13th 2007, 4:48 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding Work Down Under

Originally Posted by mattyearle
My wife to be and I have recently received our permanent VISA's and are planning to move to Australia in 'late 08', although because of the VISA terms we are entering the country for our honeymoon later this year.

Obviously I am worried about getting work (although we plan to save some money so that we have something to fall back on) - does anyone know of recruitment agents who deal with clients who are based abroad? I would love to secure a job before we reached down under!?
I would hazzard a guess that if you're not moving until late next year then it's way too early to even introduce yourself to any agencies.

Might be worth getting a few intros set up for when you're over on your honeymoon though.

Out of interest, what's your occupation, and where are you going?

PS congrats on the visas and forthcoming wedding.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

mattyearle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Finding Work Down Under

Thanks!
I work in IT (Software engineer) and am emigrating to Sydney. One of my old companies has an office in Sydney, and as I left them on good terms and really enjoyed working for them I am kind of hoping that they may be a solution!

Where do you live?