Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Finding Part Time Work in Bayside

Finding Part Time Work in Bayside

Old Oct 26th 2005, 6:51 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finding Part Time Work in Bayside

Just wandering if anyone has any experience on trying to find part-time work in Bayside, South East Brisbane.

As some of you know I have 2 girls 1 who is nearly 10 and 1 who is nearly 2 (must be mad I know). In the UK I worked 30 hrs a week as an accounts supervisor for a healthcare company.

I went to the employment agencies here in Cleveland and they didn't seem very positive about me finding anything.

i know we have only been here nearly 7 weeks but I want to get back into it.
Any ideas anyone??
Cheers
Ang
Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Finding Part Time Work in Bayside

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Just wandering if anyone has any experience on trying to find part-time work in Bayside, South East Brisbane.

As some of you know I have 2 girls 1 who is nearly 10 and 1 who is nearly 2 (must be mad I know). In the UK I worked 30 hrs a week as an accounts supervisor for a healthcare company.

I went to the employment agencies here in Cleveland and they didn't seem very positive about me finding anything.

Any ideas anyone??
Cheers
Ang
Try back dooring it by approaching the accountants in Cleveland & Capalaba to see if they have clients who need someone with your skills.

Worth a try.

WW
Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:40 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Try back dooring it by approaching the accountants in Cleveland & Capalaba to see if they have clients who need someone with your skills.

Worth a try.

WW

finding employment in au is hard...... they like you to have certificates in what ever field you are in..... you can get UK certificates certified over here..... which will give you the au equivalent award, Don't envy you looking for work tho..... its crazy when you have to be fully experienced even to cut a sandwich!

boomie
Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Grey Wolf is on a distinguished road

Part time work? In Brisbane Bayside?

Sorry, but my wife has been trying for two years without success.

Good luck though.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Any ideas anyone??
Cheers
Ang
hi ange,
over the weekend someone said that they cut out the agencies because they were getting negative responses so they just went personally into shops etc and ended up getting work. cant remember the thread though.

good luck
debs x
Old Oct 26th 2005, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Office work is harder to come by here but virtually every second shop or cafe or resturant in Brisbane is advertiseing for staff. Might not be what you are looking for but their is oddles of that sort of work around. And now that summer is approaching I'm sure the same would apply to the villages around Bayside.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 7:47 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Any ideas anyone??
Cheers
Ang

Just wondering how you have gone on taking you're resume around to the local accountants? Any Joy?

Andrew