Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

find a friend i am ten

find a friend i am ten

Old Jan 25th 2004, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

jen n summer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default find a friend i am ten

dear everyone i am ten years of age and comming to auss to live i am a girl who loves ponies ,i love to dance and swim i want to have my own pony in auss i have been saving for a long time, we are comming to perth in feb about the tenth, if any one out there i will be waiting to here from you , bye for now summer.
Old Jan 25th 2004, 8:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: find a friend i am ten

Originally posted by jen n summer
dear everyone i am ten years of age and comming to auss to live i am a girl who loves ponies ,i love to dance and swim i want to have my own pony in auss i have been saving for a long time, we are comming to perth in feb about the tenth, if any one out there i will be waiting to here from you , bye for now summer.
Hello Summer,

I'm afraid I'm in Brisbane and I'm a lot older than you, but I thought I'd move your post back to the top, cos I'm sure theres someone in Perth who can talk to you.

Come on guys, get your kids out of bed!!!!

Love
Pollyana, the wicked witch of the East!
Old Jan 25th 2004, 11:37 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Jan 26th 2004, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Bumping this up for the little one

Dont tell me theres no one on here in Perth who hasnt got a 10yr old?
Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:36 am
Just Joined

slec is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we are in Vic and my children are 2 girls 12 and 13 and a son 17 as soon as they started school they made new friends.We are a bit 2 far away to help but you will soon make lots of friends.
good luck.
Sleck.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:25 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping again
Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Personally I had hoped that this thread would just drift into the archives but it keeps getting pushed up front.

This thread sounds innocent enough but I wonder how many of you share my concerns that a minor of 10 years is advertising for friends over the internet. In this day and age it is an unfortunate truth that the internet can be a very dangerous window for some very unscrupulous people - as we are all too aware. I have seen ‘first hand’ how a friends 13 year old was corrupted over the internet by such a person – fortunately that situation was discovered at an early stage.

I am writing this out of concern and would not wish Jan to be deprived of making new friends in Australia, however we have no knowledge of parental consent or supervision so would not advise that she uses the internet for the purpose of meeting people (however innocent).

PS: I have notified the moderator of my concerns previous to writing this reply

Regards

Scot
Old Jan 26th 2004, 10:03 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scotvness
Personally I had hoped that this thread would just drift into the archives but it keeps getting pushed up front.

This thread sounds innocent enough but I wonder how many of you share my concerns that a minor of 10 years is advertising for friends over the internet. In this day and age it is an unfortunate truth that the internet can be a very dangerous window for some very unscrupulous people - as we are all too aware. I have seen ‘first hand’ how a friends 13 year old was corrupted over the internet by such a person – fortunately that situation was discovered at an early stage.

I am writing this out of concern and would not wish Jan to be deprived of making new friends in Australia, however we have no knowledge of parental consent or supervision so would not advise that she uses the internet for the purpose of meeting people (however innocent).

PS: I have notified the moderator of my concerns previous to writing this reply

Regards

Scot

hi scot,
while i would share your concerns I think if you do a search under 'jen n summer' I think you will find jen is mum, theres a dad in there too....so I would imagine summer is posting this with either or both her parents guidance and consent. wouldbe expats kids do look at the forum, after all they are emmigrating too.
having said that, it is very nice to know there is someone out there who shows concern enough to report it to the moderator.

sue
Old Jan 26th 2004, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

back to the top it goes!!!!!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Graham & Kath is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Summer

I left a message with your Mum if you come over to www.pomsinperth.com and go on the teenies bit there loads and loads of girls and boys about your age!!!!Laura is 14 and goes on so get Mum/Dad to log on there for you and I guarantee you can chat for ages, Laura has made lots of new friends going and already out there...I will get her to send you a message once over there.

Oooh sorry to all those on expats site but Poms is good for kiddies!!!

Kath
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kath,
Glad someone was able to help her find a friend. Full marks to Scot for being cautious, though I had seen the name before, hence wanted to help.
Horrible world we live in when we have to be so suspicious, isn't it.

Pollyana
Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

jen n summer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dad of summer

hi everbody my name is adrain dad of summer husband of jen just a quick message to you all ,i would like to thank every one for there replys and we have found poms in perth a fantastic site ,scott i can understand your concerns but i would rather trust people then not to bother at all and she would never met antone without myself or my wife being there as well ,anyway move out of our house in 2 days and flying to perth on the 10th feb ,really exiting times ahead.
thanks ade