Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Financial Advisers - Northern Subs, Perth

Financial Advisers - Northern Subs, Perth

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to all
Question Financial Advisers - Northern Subs, Perth

Can anyone recommend a good independant finanical advisor? We live in the Northern Suburbs of Perth and are looking to find more info about owning a rental property.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial Advisers - Northern Subs, Perth

Originally Posted by welshgirl
Can anyone recommend a good independant finanical advisor? We live in the Northern Suburbs of Perth and are looking to find more info about owning a rental property.
I wouldn't walk into a Bank then. As the terms "good independant financial advisor" and "bank" is an oxymoron.

Whomever you see, check out and visibly so, to see if they have ASIC and APRA approval and licensing. They must have an Australian Financial Services License number granted by ASIC. If they don't have that, walk!

Check the Yellow Pages.

Unfortunately looking for owning property (rental or otherwise), you will be forced to deal with Real Estate Agents most of the time. Although there are a few websites that encourage people to do their own thing. I cant remember the URLs, but if you search they will pop up. Consider them.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to all

We're going to go to the bank but obviously want something to make comparisons to. We have already bought and sold in Perth and used the services of a mortgage adviser but I don't have a lot of faith in the one we used, and need someone who doesn't mind how many questions we ask and who can explain things in laymans terms. I could put a pin in the list in the Yellow Pages but would prefer a couple of personal recommendations. I don't have a problem dealing with real estate agents here - I have learnt to be wary, very wary! We will probably build to rent at this stage anyway.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 11:47 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshgirl

Douglas Jones... corporate Accountants and business advisers in West Perth 9481 1372

Personally recommend this company.... speak to Lyall or Matt.

No I will not get any kick backs but wouldnt hurt mentioning my name, Brian Sutherland
Old Apr 4th 2005, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that Brian, I'll give them a call.