British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Financial Adviser (Sydney) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/financial-adviser-sydney-111020/)

TerryB Sep 5th 2002 11:23 am

Financial Adviser (Sydney)

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a good Financial Advice company in Sydney.

We arrive in Sydney on 8th October and would like to try and sort out and number of items such as Life Insurance, Pension etc.

Thanks for any assistance.

Terry

Alan Collett Sep 5th 2002 2:50 pm

Re: Financial Adviser (Sydney)

Hi Terry.

Please mail me directly and I'll be happy to advise details of the financial planner I work with in Sydney.

Best regards.

Originally posted by TerryB:
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a good Financial Advice company in Sydney.

We arrive in Sydney on 8th October and would like to try and sort out and number of items such as Life Insurance, Pension etc.

Thanks for any assistance.

Terry

Robert Double Sep 8th 2002 2:27 am

Hi Terry,<br><br>

Make sure you find yourself an independent financial advisor who is not tied to any
particular company / product. Before I came out here to Sydney I was speaking to
Godfrey Pembroke, and I must admit they are very nice chaps but they are owned by a
financial instuition hence they have prefence on what products they will sell
you.<br><br>

From my own personal point of view I would rather speak to someone who isnt biased
towards any one company because of the financial gain they will make. Take your time
and speak to a few. There are a heaps in the yellow pages.

I have been recommended a couple of chaps here in Sydney by a good friend, but
have yet to speak to them. If you want there names and contact details then drop
me a line.

Cheers

Robert

TerryB <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi All,
    > Can anyone recommend a good Financial Advice company in Sydney.
    > We arrive in Sydney on 8th October and would like to try and sort out and number of
    > items such as Life Insurance, Pension etc.
    > Thanks for any assistance.
    > Terry

Alan Collett Sep 8th 2002 3:37 am

Hi Robert.

If I may say so you are giving the wrong impression by inferring that financial planners who work under the Godfrey Pembroke banner are influenced by the fact that GP is owned by the NAB.

The GP planners that I know advise clients on a fee (not commission) basis and are not tied to NAB products and so personally I would feel comfortable dealing with them ...

Happy to discuss further if you want to email me directly.

Best regards.

Originally posted by Robert Double:
Hi Terry,<br><br>

Make sure you find yourself an independent financial advisor who is not tied to any
particular company / product. Before I came out here to Sydney I was speaking to
Godfrey Pembroke, and I must admit they are very nice chaps but they are owned by a
financial instuition hence they have prefence on what products they will sell
you.<br><br>

From my own personal point of view I would rather speak to someone who isnt biased
towards any one company because of the financial gain they will make. Take your time
and speak to a few. There are a heaps in the yellow pages.

I have been recommended a couple of chaps here in Sydney by a good friend, but
have yet to speak to them. If you want there names and contact details then drop
me a line.

Cheers

Robert

TerryB <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi All,
    > Can anyone recommend a good Financial Advice company in Sydney.
    > We arrive in Sydney on 8th October and would like to try and sort out and number of
    > items such as Life Insurance, Pension etc.
    > Thanks for any assistance.
    > Terry