Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Financial Adviser

Financial Adviser

Old Dec 15th 2005, 7:46 am
Honeybun

Honeybun will become famous soon enoughHoneybun will become famous soon enough
Default Financial Adviser

Hello, I really need some help please. I wont have a lot of money to take with me to Oz, but have heard a financial adviser can help to save tax on money from sale of house and small work pension. Can anybody please point me in the right direction and suggest somebody not too expensive. I have heard that they are over £1,000 but understand that in the long run will save me money. Many thanks to all
Honeybun
Old Dec 15th 2005, 8:05 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Financial Adviser

Originally Posted by Honeybun
Hello, I really need some help please. I wont have a lot of money to take with me to Oz, but have heard a financial adviser can help to save tax on money from sale of house and small work pension. Can anybody please point me in the right direction and suggest somebody not too expensive. I have heard that they are over £1,000 but understand that in the long run will save me money. Many thanks to all
Honeybun
You shouldn't pay any tax on the sale of your house, when you move over, unless it's very unusual cicumstances. No advisor should be required for that.

The pension ? Read the other thread on pensions at the moments.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342542

Old Dec 15th 2005, 1:12 pm
Honeybun

Honeybun will become famous soon enoughHoneybun will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
You shouldn't pay any tax on the sale of your house, when you move over, unless it's very unusual cicumstances. No advisor should be required for that.

The pension ? Read the other thread on pensions at the moments.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342542

Thanks for that, but how to secure more interest on my money until I am ready to buy and not give the Oz government so much tax. It has been suggested that I put the money into superannuation
Old Dec 15th 2005, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, but how to secure more interest on my money until I am ready to buy and not give the Oz government so much tax. It has been suggested that I put the money into superannuation
Is this a wind up?
Old Dec 15th 2005, 10:11 pm
ABCDiamond

It has been suggested that I put the money into superannuation
Be wary about any advice :scared: You do plan to buy a property before you retire, I assume ?

Tax on genuine income, is, like Death, one of the things that we cannot avoid.

For most of us, it just isn't worth paying out a fortune in fees, to avoid a small amount of tax on income. However.... some people do just that.

I remember someone who paid $2,000 in fees and saved $1,000 in tax, and he said "Yes, but at least the Tax man didn't get it."